4.4 Software Update Support Post on AT&T

bwhick7492

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I tried to update and it said my phone was not registered. How can I fix that.

Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Same here, "phone not registered" never said that before when checking for updates. Maybe everyone checking for the update is overloading AT&T's servers.

Posted via Android Central App

Billinok

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Mine said the same, then checked again and it said I have to wait 24 hrs before checking again. Is there a way around the 24 hr deal?

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Yep, just tried it about an hour ago, ...Same message "Phone not registered" then tried it again a half hour later, it says "your software is up to date, try again in 23 hours 44 minutes"

John Loesch

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Same thing here in RI.

A post from over at XDA:

Ok I just got off the phone with a nice lady over at AT&T customer support. She confirmed that the 4.4 KK started rolling out today. And that it isn't released all AT once to everyone. It is released in batches. She wasn't quite sure how they decide who gets it first.. but she assured me it is coming. And the device not registered error we are getting will go away when they push the update to your particular device. So just keep checking for updates every 24 hours.

Nelimungous

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Pretty frustrating not hearing more folks getting the update. I have spent a bunch of time on XDA and really don't see many saying "I got it" strange

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Okay no one else will say it so I will...ATT is lying. If your phone is unlocked and is not on ATTs network you will not get the update until someone over at XDA does it. It's stupid that we just cant get the update from LG directly.

Jadien

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Awesome!! Other than the white icons, any other changes or improvements you notice?

Nelimungous

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Could you go into a little more detail about how the rep pushed the update to you AFTER you did a factory reset of your phone? I would really appreciate it as I have tried to get a rep to push it to me but it never downloads that I can tell. Did the download show in your notifications area etc? Looking for some additional details if you have time to share.

Thanks!

I GOT KIT KAT on my g pro.

white icons in status bar
View attachment 119723
software version
View attachment 119725

Jaxland101

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Before I reset my phone, the rep tried to send it (the update) to my phone. It said it was downloading but for some reason my phone was not showing a progress bar in the notification bar. The rep suggested that either I could take my phone to a device support center or to factory reset and see if it will work. Well I reset my g pro and the rep sent the update to me again. Still no progress bar showed up but it eventually downloaded. The download of the update file took some time (30-45 minutes on Wi-Fi ugh) then the update was about 15 minutes or so ( I went to eat so I could be wrong about that). But when I finished eating, my phone was on 4.4.2 and looking good.

Jaxland101

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Lock screen now shows music if playing. Also, there is no choice of clock for ur screen. U only get one choice

Quick remote is no longer brought up on the lockscreen by pressing the home button. U have to specify it to be on the lock screen in quick remote settings.

The general tab in settings as been changed. There are new choices to include browser bar and a couple others.

Beats music is installed as part of the update unfortunately. Yay more bloatware. (u can disable it though)

The weather widget has been reworked to be IMO a little more transparent.

Have not noticed any improved speed and performance. It seems like the same before the update.

Battery seems like it drains too much but I'm hoping it stabilizes.

Last edited:

Nelimungous

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Before I reset my phone, the rep tried to send it (the update) to my phone. It said it was downloading but for some reason my phone was not showing a progress bar in the notification bar. The rep suggested that either I could take my phone to a device support center or to factory reset and see if it will work. Well I reset my g pro and the rep sent the update to me again. Still no progress bar showed up but it eventually downloaded. The download of the update file took some time (30-45 minutes on Wi-Fi ugh) then the update was about 15 minutes or so ( I went to eat so I could be wrong about that). But when I finished eating, my phone was on 4.4.2 and looking good.

This is GREAT! Thanks! I assume all you did was log into Google (after reset) before he sent you the update again?

Jaxland101

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
yes. u log into it during set up (the ready2go service). I was downloading my apps and getting my home screens set up while he sent it to me (probably why it took so long)

Jaxland101

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
here are some pictures to show some of the changes to our g pros once kit kat arrives to your device (POST 1 OF 2)

stock music player (please do not judge choice of song)
Screenshot_2014-05-24-11-10-50[1].jpg

accessing google now (swipe up and to the left from the bottom middle of ur homescreen)
Screenshot_2014-05-24-11-11-44[1].jpg

recent apps screen (no more g button to access google now)
Screenshot_2014-05-24-11-12-07[1].jpg

u can now block spam in the stock messaging app YAY!!!!1
Screenshot_2014-05-24-11-13-47[1].jpg

new camera settings layout
Screenshot_2014-05-24-11-14-30[1].jpg