Being with no screen protector for a week or two

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Don't wipe the screen, even with a microfiber cloth. If there are any carbide particles on it, they'll scratch the screen like a hot knife will scratch butter. Just blow off any dust for the next week or two.

When you apply the screen protector, first use tape (masking tape, cellophane tape) sticky-side out to pick up any dust particles on the screen. Then use a lens cleaner sprayed onto a microfiber cloth to clean off the fingerprint smudges. Then apply the screen protector. (A speck of dust too small to see can cause a 1/8" bubble in the screen protector.)

If you really bring a cellphone to a beach, or any other dusty or sandy (or especially a wet) place, put it into a zip lock bag (the kind you press closed, not the kind with the "zipper") and zip it shut. Then place that bag, ziplock end first, into another ziplock bag and zip it shut. The phone will be more dustproof and waterproof than a water resistant phone. (If you leave enough air in the outer bag, it'll float. If you drop it overboard, and you have a net handy, it's just an "oops", not a disaster.) You can still use the phone through the two bags.

FryGuy66

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I've been without a screen protector for the past month, carrying the phone around in my back pocket, wiping the the screen with my t- shirt, and it still looks like new. Whatever type of gorilla glass they used on this thing, it's some tough stuff. I think you'll be fine.

Posted via the Android Central App

double b26

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I agree with the person right above me. I've been going protector-free for MONTHS now. The screen is flawless, besides a couple scratches from where it was in my back pocket, and then shoved a pair of channel lock pliers in the same pocket. Sharp metal edges did scratch the glass, but besides that, its pretty much bulletproof, as far as normal daily use and wear goes. Its not uncommon for me to be working on things and grab and poke at this thing with greesy, gritty fingers.

Posted via the Android Central App