[App] LG Optimus S Control Center for Mac

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
yup all of them. i see superuser on my app page too so i know it was installed.

EDIT: just installed terminal emulator and saw # so i know its rooted, but now its just the custom recovery. do i need to download anything else with your package?

I MIGHT know what's going on, I've had this report from more than you. Can you try again and then tell me if there is a file called 'recovery.img' on the root of your sd card?

Also, what is your Mac OS X version?

im_electronic

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Donate a copy of Lion then :p

But honestly, I can't solve any issues you have on Lion if you don't tell me what isn't working. What doesn't work? Rooting? Recovery? Miscellaneous software hacks? ROM installation?

all the above, "error: Device Not Found"

I have the app up, debugging on, not usb mounted, and have phone back to stock everything.

sorry my post was so short about it, I had been trying to get my phone back to stock to troubleshoot a GPS issue. I have a new phone coming in to my local sprint repair center monday.

I used KDZ and had the phone in emergency recovery mode and flashed back to full stock VD.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
all the above, "error: Device Not Found"

I have the app up, debugging on, not usb mounted, and have phone back to stock everything.

sorry my post was so short about it, I had been trying to get my phone back to stock to troubleshoot a GPS issue. I have a new phone coming in to my local sprint repair center monday.

I used KDZ and had the phone in emergency recovery mode and flashed back to full stock VD.

That sounds like there could be a Mac OS X Lion issue with the Android Debug Bridge. Sorry but there's not much I can do about that.

Last edited:

crammed174

May 17, 2011
Visit site
It rooted successfully but when flashed xionia recovry it booted to android recovery e3 and offered apply sdcard update.zip, wipe cache, wipe data or reboot. That's all. No nandroid or even flash etc.
When I apply update it says no such file or directory. Is this the xionia attempting to install?

Oh man as I was writing i hit the home key instead of sertings on the reboot phone and all of a sudden it went to a yield sign with the little android. Is this bad news???

Optimus s 2.2.2 mvd

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
It rooted successfully but whei flashed xionia recovry it booted to android recovery e3 and offered apply sdcard update.zip, wipe cache, wipe data or reboot. That's all. No nandroid or even flash etc.
When I apply update it says no such file or directory. Is this the xionia attempting to install?

It should have booted into Xionia CWMA Recovery. Did you remember to accept ALL of the Superuser prompts?

Also, what version of Mac OS X are you on?

crammed174

May 17, 2011
Visit site
It should have booted into Xionia CWMA Recovery. Did you remember to accept ALL of the Superuser prompts?

Also, what version of Mac OS X are you on?

I accepted all of them I'm on 10.6.8
I just edited my first post that it's on a yield sign with the android
Edit: Ok never mind I hit home and it went back to the android system recovery 3e. Ive rebooted and am at homescreen. I Should I reinstall xeonia?

Last edited:

crammed174

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I MIGHT know what's going on, I've had this report from more than you. Can you try again and then tell me if there is a file called 'recovery.img' on the root of your sd card?

Also, what is your Mac OS X version?

I don't have that, recovery.img in the root of my sd but I do have "flash_image" something tells me I should be having it??

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I accepted all of them I'm on 10.6.8
I just edited my first post that it's on a yield sign with the android
Edit: Ok never mind I hit home and it went back to the android system recovery 3e. Ive rebooted and am at homescreen. I Should I reinstall xeonia?

Yes try re-flashing Xionia. You can also try flashing the ThunderC recovery.

crammed174

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes try re-flashing Xionia. You can also try flashing the ThunderC recovery.

I reflashed and still it's missing the recovery.img, I'm an amon ra on evo guy myself but this is my moms optimus and I was reading some of the ROMs specifically need this xionia which I take is a cwm port, which sucks for me on evo but never the less. Is there a way I can manually place it in my sd root, I'm not familiar with adb on Mac if it even exists. I've d/l es file explorer so far to check things out and I'm definitely rooted.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I reflashed and still it's missing the recovery.img, I'm an amon ra on evo guy myself but this is my moms optimus and I was reading some of the ROMs specifically need this xionia which I take is a cwm port, which sucks for me on evo but never the less. Is there a way I can manually place it in my sd root, I'm not familiar with adb on Mac if it even exists. I've d/l es file explorer so far to check things out and I'm definitely rooted.

Ugh. I can't reproduce this, therefore don't know how to fix it.

Can you find LG Optimus S Control Center in your Applications folder, right-click (or Control-Click) it, choose Show Package Contents, navigate to Contents->Resources (in the window that pops up), and right-click (or Control-Click) on the xionia recovery .img and click More Info.

Tell me what is listed under Permissions.

crammed174

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Ugh. I can't reproduce this, therefore don't know how to fix it.

Can you find LG Optimus S Control Center in your Applications folder, right-click (or Control-Click) it, choose Show Package Contents, navigate to Contents->Resources (in the window that pops up), and right-click (or Control-Click) on the xionia recovery .img and click More Info.

Tell me what is listed under Permissions.
you can only read. screen shot attached it doesn't include the word recovery in the name, if that matters

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
you can only read. screen shot attached it doesn't include the word recovery in the name, if that matters

Permissions look fine. Don't worry about the name, OSCC grabs that file and renames it to recovery.img on the sd card.

I'm honestly at a total loss. I've even installed it on a Mac that hadn't been used for any Android stuff and everything worked first time.

I can't reproduce this at all so I'm not really sure what to tell you at this point.

crammed174

May 17, 2011
Visit site
It's cool at least I got the root out of it. I guess I'll have to learn the manual way to flash the recovery. It's a nice setup though. I'm coming off an all nighter so I'm gonna get some shut eye. Mom left cell with me so I'll try to go through all the adb crap later, don't wanna brick stand I'm too tired to focus. I'll let you know if the kernel and rom stuff work for me when I get around to it if you'd like, in case you're working out the bugs and what not. Also I'll try to run this on my dads optimus to see if it's the software or her phone. Also if the root worked do you think the unroot will be good? Whole reason I'm messingwothherphoneis cuz she having crap battery life and weak cell signal so I just wanted to get some tweaks going but if this doesn't work may have to head back to sprint because it seems to be only hers that messed. Thanks for the help anyway!

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
It's cool at least I got the root out of it. I guess I'll have to learn the manual way to flash the recovery. It's a nice setup though. I'm coming off an all nighter so I'm gonna get some shut eye. Mom left cell with me so I'll try to go through all the adb crap later, don't wanna brick stand I'm too tired to focus. I'll let you know if the kernel and rom stuff work for me when I get around to it if you'd like, in case you're working out the bugs and what not. Also I'll try to run this on my dads optimus to see if it's the software or her phone. Also if the root worked do you think the unroot will be good? Whole reason I'm messingwothherphoneis cuz she having crap battery life and weak cell signal so I just wanted to get some tweaks going but if this doesn't work may have to head back to sprint because it seems to be only hers that messed. Thanks for the help anyway!

If the root function worked, everything should work in theory. Yes the unroot should work just fine.

crammed174

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Btw if i try this on my other mac or the windows version in my VMware can I just skip the root and do what's needed a la carte or should I unroot first.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Btw if i try this on my other mac or the windows version in my VMware can I just skip the root and do what's needed a la carte or should I unroot first.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Yes you will be able to skip the rooting. No point in rooting an already rooted phone :p

Also, I don't recommend using the Windows version right now. It's really outdated and slightly buggy and unfinished. I'm redoing it from the ground up so it will take a little while. Also, the Windows version depends on the Android Automation Tools, and it really doesn't need to. It's a little complicated.

EDIT: As a matter of fact, I think I'm going to close the thread for the Windows version until I finish the new version.

crammed174

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes you will be able to skip the rooting. No point in rooting an already rooted phone :p

Also, I don't recommend using the Windows version right now. It's really outdated and slightly buggy and unfinished. I'm redoing it from the ground up so it will take a little while. Also, the Windows version depends on the Android Automation Tools, and it really doesn't need to. It's a little complicated.

EDIT: As a matter of fact, I think I'm going to close the thread for the Windows version until I finish the new version.
ok so to follow up I tried flashing both recoveries on my mom's optimus, still no go. the recovery.img doesn't move over to the sd. then when i got a hold of my dads optimus i tried with his and same thing; root worked just fine and when flashing recovery no go, i was on top of it too, 5 superuser requests and clicked ok for all....

i dunno. if you need any info i can pull from my computer or the devices and what not i'll be happy to help, this is a potentially amazing tool. i could only imagine having it for my EVO, although flashing with the evo is easier from the get go, never once needed to learn adb hence why i'm confused now and terminal emulator text entry on this optimus is ridiculous. i guess i'll have to unroot their phones in the meantime in case they happen to wander into a sprint store since tethering isn't really what they need so why keep root....
actually in case this rumor of a possible OTA of 2.3 for the optimus is true, should I remove root or can i keep it and they can accept it? last thing i need is a couple of 60 year old parents berating me for bricking their phones lol

p.s. if you want any of that info i mentioned or you need an alternate mac to run diags on you can reach me at my user name on gtalk.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
[INFO]I'm leaving.

But only for a few days! In an hour from the time of this writing, I'll be on my way up to the amazing Rocky Mountains. Unfortunately I will not have any access to the forums and won't be around to answer questions during this time. No parties, kids. And the house better be clean when I get back. LMFAO!!![/INFO]

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty