Serious Help Needed, Phone Only Reboots Into Recovery

heatherfl

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I have a rooted LG Optimus S, RA Anon recovery, Reborn Rom. It was great and worked wonderful but I gave the phone to phone to a friend when I got a new phone. She says all she did was do a "Factory Data Reset" and now the phone only boots to recovery. I have tried every nandoid backup I have but get errors. I have also tried re-flashing Reborn Rom, and it says it worked but will still only reboot to the recovery screen. I put the phone into USB mode in recovery, but computer won't see it. I can of course put the sd card in the computer fine but that is not much help. I can't install a new recovery with the computer not seeing the phone and the phone not booting up right? Ideally I want to unroot but at this point I would be thrilled with any working ROM. I have read through many many posts and am really lost. Anybody have any idea of what I can do next, or point me in the right direction if the info is here somewhere?

Thanks so much.

heatherfl

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I understand that, it was my friend who did it, my fault for not being specific about explaining to her about it being rooted and what that means. I will check out your link, thanks a lot.

heatherfl

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Your reply was like a slap in the face of an out of control panicked person lol. I was in denial about it being bricked. I knew better and should have went to the un-brick thread on my own instead of wasting space with a stupid new post. I followed the unroot instructions and think it worked, got the phone to boot up and want me to set it up but it is not in service now (friend already hooked up old phone to the account when this didn't work) so I didn't get too far. All signs point to fixed though, will hook back up to service this week and continue. Thanks again. Everyone here is awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa