Official Sprint ZVD / Froyo downgrade now available

formula355

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to do this on my Optimus and I keep getting a signature error and it aborts the installation. It does it when I try to flash a ROM too. What's going on?

Edit: never mind, I figured it out. Toggled the signature verification and its installing now.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

formula355

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
How long does this usually take? I'm stuck in the Sprint logo. Oh and I should mention that my power button doesn't work so my phone may be screwed until I can take it apart and see if I can figure out what is going on with that button.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
How long does this usually take? I'm stuck in the Sprint logo. Oh and I should mention that my power button doesn't work so my phone may be screwed until I can take it apart and see if I can figure out what is going on with that button.

If you are stuck at the Sprint logo, try reflashing the update.zip. If you are stuck at the Android logo, do a factory reset from recovery.

formula355

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
If you are stuck at the Sprint logo, try reflashing the update.zip. If you are stuck at the Android logo, do a factory reset from recovery.

Alright, I'll see what I can do. My power button doesn't work so I have no way to boot into recovery unless the phone is on.

formula355

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
do you have the android sdk tools installed? if so try to see if you can connect to it with adb, if so try the reboot recovery command ;)

I don't have that. I did have quick boot on it which I used to reboot to recovery and the such. There's probably no way to install sdk tools with the phone off is there?

formula355

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Update: I resoldered the power button and was able to get it to work. I booted it into recovery and reinstalled the update and rebooted it. It's doing the same thing again, getting stuck on the sprint logo. Now what? I can probably get it back to recovery so that shouldn't be an issue.

Just for the hell of it, the phone is ZVH on Hydro ROM. Should I try a factory reset from CWM? What will happen if I do that?

formula355

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
If I'm on hydrorom running zvh and xionia, can I just flash the update.zip? Or do I need to do something weird?

In theory, yes. You have to flash it, boot into android, reboot to recovery, flash it again. Boot it up, reboot again, factory reset, then flash again, reboot.

That's what I tried on mine but it's not working and I keep getting stuck at the Sprint logo. I'm about to just say screw it. I got a new phone anyway, I was just going to use the Optimus to test some ROMs.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Just for the hell of it, the phone is ZVH on Hydro ROM. Should I try a factory reset from CWM? What will happen if I do that?
You can try it, can't get any worse. Usually you need to get up to the Android logo before /data issues enter the picture, but you are at wits end, so give it a try.

Reactions: formula355

formula355

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
You can try it, can't get any worse. Usually you need to get up to the Android logo before /data issues enter the picture, but you are at wits end, so give it a try.

sfhub, I just followed your instructions at http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...1-how-simplified-unroot-return-stock.html#anb and it worked perfect. Was stuck at Android logo and followed your instructions to fix that and it booted into the system. I'm about to flash the update again to get the ZVD radio because I'm really wanting to root ZVD and test some new ROMs that are available.

I thank you!

EDIT: Worked perfect! I'm now on ZVD stock with correct radio. Now I'm going to root ZVD and try out some ROMs. sfhub, thanks again for all your help!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87