no PRL gROM 2.1

kenny70452

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm running default install gROM 2.1, if I try to update Profile, PRL,or Firmware, it doesn't connect. When I cancel it just sits there saying please wait while canceling. Restored a backup, battery pull, didn't help. Still getting phone calls etc, just can't update. Any clues?

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
That's weird. Try stock gingerbread. Your phone may not like gingerbread. Some phones don't take well to the ZVH. I just tested mine with Opti-Rom and it does work. I haven't tried gRom so maybe somebody can chime in on that one. But i would say to try the stock gingerbread before going any further. Hope this helps! Be sure to wipe everything in recovery and flash systemdebug.zip!

kenny70452

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks but it was working a few days ago. A couple things updated, one that I remember is superuser. Just reflashed the zip without wiping anything, didn't help. Maybe it is sprint. I"ll wait a
few hours and check again. thanks for the reply.

kenny70452

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
went back to v1.2 and all is well. gonna work my way back up to 2.1, i must have screwed the pooch someplace cause it was working great. thanks.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
update SU wouldn't cause that. Assuming gROM includes the sprint dm tools (which it should), either Sprint temporary problem or NVRAM got messed up.

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
went back to v1.2 and all is well. gonna work my way back up to 2.1, i must have screwed the pooch someplace cause it was working great. thanks.

Don't screw the pooch. Or at least don't tell anyone that you did. Pretty sure that's against the law in most places. :p

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Don't screw the pooch. Or at least don't tell anyone that you did. Pretty sure that's against the law in most places. :p

That kind of talk belongs in Your Mom..

Back on topic, it's possible that the OP is being attacked by gremlins. Those nasty little buggers. If gROM 1.1 works for you then stick with that.

Last edited:

darkpower_4

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Im having the same problem...i wish i could fix it myself...i already gave it back to sprint...and i restored my nandroid up from the old one which was stock zvd and rooted. it had the same problem. updated to grom 2.1 and it still does it. funny thing is when i turn airplane mode on it hangs for a sec then it doesn't chande setting just shows me the bars with an x next to it and no 3g tried on stock rooted and not rooted and grom still same error...how do i fix the nvram? if that is it...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non