Installing 4.0 on 2.2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

booingthetroll

I have a rooted optimus s with the gingersnap rom.
I would like to install ice cream sandwich on it, but I can not seem to find any how-tos.
First of all, is it possible?
If not, then is it because of the ambient sensor on 4.0 phones?
If it is possible, then how would I do it?

mike9670

DROID Master
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I cs is not ready for prime time. Give it some development time. Read the stickies. Upgrade to ZVH gingerbread, root again, install Xionia recovery and flash HydroRom

B

booingthetroll

Also, why HydroRom? I can program in several languages, but I did the "One Click Root" because I can not afford to brick my device; I am 11 years old.

Sdude1200

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Also, why HydroRom? I can program in several languages, but I did the "One Click Root" because I can not afford to brick my device; I am 11 years old.

HydroRom is by far the most smooth (get it? Hydro means water) and user friendly Rom out there. Even though it is still in beta, its phenomenal

Sent from Hydro

B

booingthetroll

Still, any how-tos for installing hydrorom and gingerbread? I am used to cmd and I have cygwin, but as I said, I used a one-click root app. Is hydrorom overclocked?

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Calling people lazy is NOT tolerated here. If you don't have anything productive to say, you always have the choice to not respond.

not tryin to tick you off but technicly you say mean things too i read your thing on cwmt recovery and it says fat finger friendly you dont know who could be offended by that and i didnt call him that i said dont be that DUHHHHHHHH sheesh

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I would say it is a bad idea to insult/pick a fight with our most active dev.

also, the fat finger comment was (I think) a joke about himself.

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

hes a good dev yes he is and the most active and i respect him for that doesnt change the fact that if i say something its not ok but then he gets to say it he has no more right to say it then we do so i may get booted for tickin drew off but just saying the truth

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

also, the fat finger comment was (I think) a joke about himself.

It was. I suffer from fat-finger syndrome.

And don't worry about me being offended. That doesn't happen easily, and I just choose not to vent my frustrations on a public forum that I am glad to be an active member of.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87