[ROM][ZVJ] 2.3.3 DanteRom v4 [UPDATE] 10/14/2012

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
once you find a launcher that's your style, you can uninstall zeam from /system/app

Yep I had already done it :cool:

Btw can't you make your launcher a system app with titanium backup, or will it not work right? Titanium, I mean. I know it can be shifty sometimes.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Would one want to use amphetamines with this also, or is there no need?

Honestly, I did notice an increase with this mod. I have contacted him about incorporating in within the rom, so we will see. Every one, feel free to flash this mod, no wipes needed.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=1649732

Reactions: kcerica

ryandubbz

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ZVJ] 2.3.3 DanteRom v1 beta 04/27/20012

also it says its for the optimus v, but it works with optimus s too.

so dont be afraid.

I am now running DanteRom with hydrokernel and amphetamines.....Man is this phone flying now. Im due to upgrade my phone in June, but I think im going to wait now that ive learned how to root and flash. This phone is so much better than a stock optimus.

Thanks guys

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

what is zeam, and where do you find different launchers?

Go to the market and look up

Launcher Pro
Go Launcher
Zeam Launcher
ADW Launcher

Any or all of these searchers will pull up all the others, but those are the top in my book.

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

By "+General UI theming", do you mean that the sprint domination of the signal bars is over? I won't have to manually edit the framework-res file anymore?

TheTolsonator

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

A few bug issues...

Moving apps from internal to sd errors on first try, works the second time.

Password prompts are slightly off, sizing on the remember button is bigger than the other ones.

I'm loving it so far, very slick. Gonna try amphetamine in a bit. Zeam launcher is too slow for my tastes. Launcher pro ftw!

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
hlxanthus, I was downloading a file earlier and in the notification drop down, the box with the download progress in it is black...and so is the text...so you can't read it. Minor issue, just thought you might wanna know :p

Reactions: hlxanthus

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

A few bug issues...

Moving apps from internal to sd errors on first try, works the second time.

Password prompts are slightly off, sizing on the remember button is bigger than the other ones.

I'm loving it so far, very slick. Gonna try amphetamine in a bit. Zeam launcher is too slow for my tastes. Launcher pro ftw!

I had the sd error on stock zvj, so I doubt it is it something I did. And I will be honest, I dont understand what you are saying about password prompts

By "+General UI theming", do you mean that the sprint domination of the signal bars is over? I won't have to manually edit the framework-res file anymore?

I am rather new at this LOL. I have yet to track down those pngs. Where the heck are they?

hlxanthus, I was downloading a file earlier and in the notification drop down, the box with the download progress in it is black...and so is the text...so you can't read it. Minor issue, just thought you might wanna know :p

Good catch, didnt notice it till you mentioned it !! I'll track that down

Last edited:

ryandubbz

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

I think he is stating that when you are on a website that you would log into with username and password. After you type in your password and hit log in the page asks if you want to remember the password, not now, or never.

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

I am rather new at this LOL. I have yet to track down those pngs. Where the heck are they?

You're doing better than I am at this....

The pngs are in the /system/app/systemui.apk, in /res/drawable-mdpi. All of the signal pngs start with sprint in their filenames. There are about 30 pngs that have to be renamed. I have no idea how to edit xml and no idea where the layout is to change what the filenames should be. Time consuming....

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

You're doing better than I am at this....

The pngs are in the /system/app/systemui.apk, in /res/drawable-mdpi. All of the signal pngs start with sprint in their filenames. There are about 30 pngs that have to be renamed. I have no idea how to edit xml and no idea where the layout is to change what the filenames should be. Time consuming....

LOL, ended up I just hadnt dug far enough. I assume the attatched is the perferred signal you would like?

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
This is an attempt to incorporate most of the amphetamine tweaks. It is partially tested, so please give feedback. I think I removed the dalvik to sdcard mod as we are all.ready using the dalvik to cache mod.

http://db.tt/I6p3asm3

Just boot to recovery and wipe cache/dalvik cache and flash.

Also replaced es file explorer with boot browser lite, much better tool. Almost as good as root explorer but free. Included with the developers consent.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

aaronrw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site

Nice to see someone stepping up and taking the lead on a new project, on a new baseband! Going to go back to vj just to try this out. This is the first Rom to come from jstntp's community Rom correct? Anyways congrats on the release!

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

LOL, ended up I just hadnt dug far enough. I assume the attatched is the perferred signal you would like?

Oh no! Don't rebuild the framework just for that! I'm good! But if I knew where to look for the status bar's instructions for the signal bar, I would have something to work for. That, and if I had a clue as to how xml gets edited and (de- and re-)compiled...

I know that somewhere is a line somewhere that tells the status bar to use sprint-whatever-4-green.png and can probably be changed to whatever-4-full.png

ryandubbz

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

This is an attempt to incorporate most of the amphetamine tweaks. It is partially tested, so please give feedback. I think I removed the dalvik to sdcard mod as we are all.ready using the dalvik to cache mod.

http://db.tt/I6p3asm3

Just boot to recovery and wipe cache/dalvik cache and flash.

Also replaced es file explorer with boot browser lite, much better tool. Almost as good as root explorer but free. Included with the developers consent.

I did what you said about wiping cache and dalvik and flashed this update but when i returned to my screen my phone kept freezing, and then i had to reinstall the hydro kernel, and the freezing stopped, but your boot browswer has not taking place of es file explorer, So im guessing i have to do a full wipe.

In About Phone, should the build number now be DanteRom.v3? Because it still says DanteRom.v1 after installing this

Last edited:

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I did what you said about wiping cache and dalvik and flashed this update but when i returned to my screen my phone kept freezing, and then i had to reinstall the hydro kernel, and the freezing stopped, but your boot browswer has not taking place of es file explorer, So im guessing i have to do a full wipe.

In About Phone, should the build number now be DanteRom.v3? Because it still says DanteRom.v1 after installing this

Unless you did a full wipe, es explorer will still be there, but root root browser should be added. I did not edit the build.prop to show updated version. Interesting on the freeze up bit, didn't happen for me. Might have been a fluke. Any noticeable speed improvements?

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

do you mind if i make mods for this in uot kitchen like battery mods and status bar icon mods and stuff like that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38