[ROM][ZVJ] 2.3.3 DanteRom v4 [UPDATE] 10/14/2012

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey, just wanted to say thanks for this ROM. It is really well done and has made my Optimus a much better phone.

Glad to hear! So many only drop in to report problems, so I love getting positive reviews. Thanks and keep enjoying!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Just saw this from the ac app as most recent posts, great to see you're still at it hlxanthus! Keep doing what you do!

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Awesome news guys! Thanks to forum member DoesItMatter I again have an optimus s to dev with! I have yet to have time to give it but will start soon. Expect v5 sometime in the next week or so. Not quite sure what it will entail but we shall see

pdxguy77

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I have to say this rom is pretty smooth and colorful. I had a minor glitch with my 3G not wanting to come on and stay on, but got that figured out... I did have to change to a different alarm clock cuase the one i used on Hydro didnt want to stay running. My navigation keeps searching for GPS even after the v3 update, but no biggy there. no FC's and no random reboots. all together an awesome rom.

I did have a question about the PRL. Noticed what version im running and my coworker has the same phone with stock ZVJ and his PRL is newer. I downgraded and unrooted and went back to stock to update my PRL but i guess it didnt take. Any Ideas?

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Prl is region related and type of account. So a personal account and business account will have a different prl. Also due to different towers in different areas they may be different.

Also you can update prl and profile safely within dante

Dirtpuddle

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else had issues with the phone randomly rebooting? I won't even be doing anything with the phone, it'll be sitting on the table or something, and I'll look over and it's in the middle of a reboot. Is it just me? That being said, I'm still in love with the ROM, it's great!

pdxguy77

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Prl is region related and type of account. So a personal account and business account will have a different prl. Also due to different towers in different areas they may be different.

Also you can update prl and profile safely within dante

yea i get network errors trying to update...no biggy....it works...lol

Toropop

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for devoting so much time creating this ROM!

I have been running this ROM for about a month now. I seem to be having a problem with the phone eating up data. It seems to keep switching the WiFi off in favor of 3G. It's a backup phone, so I rarely use it. When I got my bill, it had used 80 megs of data (!). I don't even use that much on my primary phone.

Anyone else having the same problem?

Seditec

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
You could just use the option to turn off data I noticed that while running this but I had the same experience with all stock based roms

Will be flashing this soon again only reason I flashed cm9 is because Skype fc on this for me

Sent from my LG-LS670

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for devoting so much time creating this ROM!

I have been running this ROM for about a month now. I seem to be having a problem with the phone eating up data. It seems to keep switching the WiFi off in favor of 3G. It's a backup phone, so I rarely use it. When I got my bill, it had used 80 megs of data (!). I don't even use that much on my primary phone.

Anyone else having the same problem?

Check your WiFi settings and make sure it is set to never sleep. Otherwise it will disconnect WiFi when the screen is off.

Silas178

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Help please this doesn't make any sense I flashed DanteRom and I lost my root! I didn't know that could happen!
How do i regain root access? Will the root tutorials in the stickies work? Needles to say I'm really confused :confused:

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Assuming you still have a custom recovery, you can just reflash everything. I do know why it did that, but a quick reflash should take care of you.

kylemaguire

Resident Teen
Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
I just love this from to death. Perfect for me. Great job!

But I just have one issue.... Skype won't install. I download it goes to install and then it throws error 498 at me

In doing research error 498 means that the cache partion is fullish.
I wipe cache in recovery then it shows package file is invalid. This also happens to any app >6 MB. I do have a Sd-ext. Any help would be great

ICS was just too much for my phone. I love this rom though!

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
While I dont support a2sd, I feel for you. That error is because your "dalvik cache" is full. On this rom out of the box I have it moved from the data partition into the cache partition. For most user that is quite satisfactory. Your dalvik cache can become full if you have a huge number of apps (often once you get over the 40-60 point), regardless of where they are stored. So the fix is to find a new home for your dalvik cache.

Thankfully, member jstntp offered up a solution. It moves it to the dev partition, which typically is only used for OTA as far as I can learn (so its huge). Now here is the issue with this mod. Because of how this partition is designed and intended, it is wiped on every reboot. So with this Dalvik2Dev mod, every time you boot up the phone it will have to be rebuilt and cause longer boot times. The more apps you have the longer the boot.

Dalvik2Dev mod

On a side note, not to judge but without a front facing camera why do you need skype? LOL Hope this helps you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana