Bootloop

MunkyButt

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok, my opti is stuck in a bootloop. Its been turned off since Februaryish, ZVD, CM7, CWMT Recovery.

My wife wanted to start using it instead of her replenish. So I charge it up for a little bit to see what ROM was on it. CM7, I was gonna flash the CM9 alpha. Download the ROM, put it on the SD card, boot into recovery, full wipe. Choose install zip, like I always have, choose ROM, acts like its going to flash, then I get a pic of the android with the big ! Above his head. I assume it was a bad download, so I go to boot back into the OS and now I'm stuck at the LG splash screen.

Any help or a link to a thread that will help.

Idk if it matters, but if I have to do anything from my computer(adb, etc.) I'm running Mint 12, so it has to be Linux friendly.

Thanks in advance, guys and gals.

EDIT: PROBLEM SOLVED! Thanks for the help!

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

MunkyButt

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Still nothing. Even downloaded cleanROM to see if that would flash and I still get the android witht he ! Above his head.

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Still nothing. Even downloaded cleanROM to see if that would flash and I still get the android witht he ! Above his head.

never tried this but wat if u flashed an update.zip???? dont try let one of the smart ones look at this thread

Hydro Rom
768 MHz
hydro kernel pre 4
amphetimine

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
When mine bootlooped on me a few months back, I simply flashed the zvd update.zip and it fixed it.

I never got the Android with the exclamation mark though, so dunno if that will work for you.

Reactions: MunkyButt

MunkyButt

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Ill try it and see. Like I said earlier, wife just wanted to use it cuz she's tired of her replenish. We both have working phones, this one is just collecting dust.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
First, kudos on the Mint. Great distro!

Did you do an md5sum of the ROM, kernel, gapps? Mas importante. And, although it may seem ridiculous, did you get the aforementioned packages from this forum or somewhere else?

Did you turn signature verification off before flashing? Alphas are usually not signed.

Have you checked that the SD card is still good?

If all this checks out, consider trying it with another recovery. CWMT is nifty, but still a bit... touchy.

MunkyButt

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Flashed the update.zip and it worked.

No to the md5s, yes to the others and I did get all files from here.

About Mint, I'm still a noob to 90% of Linux lol but I like it so
far.

If all this checks out, consider trying it with another recovery. CWMT is nifty, but still a bit... touchy.

I see what you did there. Lol

czifro

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
try this link --- here --- this might get you past the lg logo. I doubt your bricked but you could try this link --- here --- or this link --- here --- there's another method somewhere in this site, but idk where. anyways i doubt you'll need these unbrick links (last two - results with zvc (froyo)). Good luck.

MunkyButt

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
try this link --- here --- this might get you past the lg logo. I doubt your bricked but you could try this link --- here --- or this link --- here --- there's another method somewhere in this site, but idk where. anyways i doubt you'll need these unbrick links (last two - results with zvc (froyo)). Good luck.

Thanks but I fixed it.

traxxasBandit

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Download kp500 utils. Then download a cab file of whatever baseband u want, if you want to run cm9 then youl need zvd. Plug your phone in and boot to emergency mode ,( home key search key camera key , press and hold these down plug your usb into your phone then press and hold the power button. then open kp500. select option "I" i think its i at least. what ever one says install zip. then enter your phone model, then the cab file, bassically just do what it says then wait for the download.....and walla! thats how i fixed mine with your exact problem, and if that doesnt work pm me lol i have a bunch of other boot loop and unbrick methodes up my sleeve ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress