I'm on rooted ZVH and want ZVJ. Plus, I don't have Windows. Help!

jmgotham

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to find a way to go from a rooted ZVH to a rooted ZVJ if I'm using Ubuntu. Anybody know off the top of their head where I can find some guidance? Thanks...

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to find a way to go from a rooted ZVH to a rooted ZVJ if I'm using Ubuntu. Anybody know off the top of their head where I can find some guidance? Thanks...

Download a program called WINE in Ubuntu app store it runs windows programs

Sent From My LS670

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: I'm on rooted ZVH and want ZVJ. Plus, I don't have Windows. H

No no no no. Wine will not work.

You will need Windows to use the automated program.

Correct, wine will not work do to usb driver issues... The manual root method is possible though using a linux shell; it's how I updated both the Optimus S' in my relative possession.

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site

Download the Android SDK for Linux, There will be a program (I believe it's just called android), Install only the platform tools to get ADB. Then follow the manual rooting instructions. That's the easiest thing I can tell you.

If you want to use ADB outside of the platform-tools directory, you can either
sudo cp ./adb /usr/bin

or

export PATH=$PATH:/home/username/downloads/android-sdk-linux/platform-tools/ (change this path to reflect where you're storing the SDK)

Reactions: jmgotham

jmgotham

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

ShadowEO,
I figured I would have to do that. I was just hoping there was an easier/sloppier way. Thanks for confirming my suspicions!