change lg boot logo

pmoneyprix

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible to change the lg boot logo when we first power on the phone? I've read around and have found no specifics. Hoping a dev or someone with a lil more knowledge will chime in. Thanks opti fam.:)

duffieldj1

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Well if you are talking about just the regular lg logo that you get right when you power on the phone, then I dont think that is changeable, but if you are talking about the next logo after that like for example Quattrimus has a blue loading Q that is changeable but that logo is in the boot image not the rom like how you can change the boot animation... And I have looked around and the only method I can find requires the use of fastboot and idk if our phones have that but I do know that bootloader is locked so either way fastboot is locked, so I guess the only other way is to see if the devs will be able to create a flashable zip or something and then from there you might be able to modify the zip and put your own logo in and then just turn off sig verification so it will flash...

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
The first lg image is beyond changing I believe. The sprint splash is in the boot.img and can be changed with a little work within Linux (don't believe it possible in windows). The flashing android logo is easiest of all, just drop the proper type of bootanimation.zip into system/media, set permissions and reboot.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
The first lg image is beyond changing I believe. The sprint splash is in the boot.img and can be changed with a little work within Linux (don't believe it possible in windows). The flashing android logo is easiest of all, just drop the proper type of bootanimation.zip into system/media, set permissions and reboot.

Its possible I did it with jb but never put in

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

pmoneyprix

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I've got the Dolby countdown for my boot animation and I'll keep the q for tdm..lol thank you all for your quick responses!! If its too much of a pain I'll just close my eyes for a sec and live with the lg logo.:p

realtegan

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't mind the LG logo, but I'd really like to get rid of the Sprint logo. Is there a way to do that? I've already got a custom boot after that, I just want the Sprint logo to go away.

gingerc76

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Are you rooted and have a custom rom on your phone? Usually the only way to change the sprint logo is either flashing a custom rom or editing the boot image.

Sent from my LG-LS670 oh hush

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
There is the splashscreen and the boot animation. The splashscreen can be changed, I have done it on other phones. Not sure about yours. Most of the time it is just a matter of finding the right png file and it not being baked into the kernel

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't mind the LG logo, but I'd really like to get rid of the Sprint logo. Is there a way to do that? I've already got a custom boot after that, I just want the Sprint logo to go away.

What ROM and baseband are you running?

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
GingerRom on ZVJ. It got rid of the annoying sound, but I'd still like the logo to go away.

http://db.tt/lKUXJ55g

Try that. Wipe cache and dalvik cache and flash from recovery. Replaces sprint splash with an animated lg logo. You will then have to reflash a kernel (comes packaged with stock zvj kernel) if you want then reboot.

Here is hydro kernel if you don't have it http://db.tt/pUfL5NbG

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
It is changeable; it's part of the ramdisk, you'll have to either extract a bootimage take it apart and replace them in there or compile yourself a new kernel/boot image with all that in it already.

Little bit of research and the latter of those two may not be all that difficult; without going into too much detail I'll be my usual cryptic self and simply provide this:
https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc_LS670/tree/gingerbread/files/bootimages and this https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc_common/blob/gingerbread/bootlogo/bootlogo.c

For extra points replace the offline charging images too ;)
https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc_common/blob/gingerbread/thunderc_common.mk

And with that all I can really say is 'hackety hack' ;)

Last edited:

andrei18

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I read the whole topic but didn't quite understand which image you are talking about . I have an Lg optimus sol and when i start the phone up the first image that appeares is the LG(red image) and an "LG" written next to it . That's the picture i would like to replace. Is in the boot.img and if it is there , where exactly can i find that folder on my phone and can you point me to a tutorial on how to modify it?

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I read the whole topic but didn't quite understand which image you are talking about . I have an Lg optimus sol and when i start the phone up the first image that appeares is the LG(red image) and an "LG" written next to it . That's the picture i would like to replace. Is in the boot.img and if it is there , where exactly can i find that folder on my phone and can you point me to a tutorial on how to modify it?

At least on the optimus s, the first lg logo is not hackable. Then comes the carrier splash and that is in the boot.IMG. After that is the android and is changable by adding a compatible bootanimation.zip into /system/media. Hope that helps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa