[How-To] Unroot your phone and return to stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

64fairlane

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
The links to the GNM's v1.1.0 Recovery Kernel and the flash_image do not work. Is there anyone that has these files that could get them to me somehow by chance?

I am trying to get this phone back to stock as I will be selling one of my Optimus S and the guy doesn't want it rooted.

Thanks.

ichihollow

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
The links to the GNM's v1.1.0 Recovery Kernel and the flash_image do not work. Is there anyone that has these files that could get them to me somehow by chance?

I am trying to get this phone back to stock as I will be selling one of my Optimus S and the guy doesn't want it rooted.

Thanks.

Use kdz or kp 500 or LG update tool

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Thanks.
im having the same problem

blackwaterstout

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Since unrooting my phone and returnign to stock I'm having a problem with my PC recognizing my phone in windows. I tried connecting with USB debuggin enabled and also tried with it disabled. All it wants to do is charge the battery. Any ideas how I can fix this?

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Since unrooting my phone and returnign to stock I'm having a problem with my PC recognizing my phone in windows. I tried connecting with USB debuggin enabled and also tried with it disabled. All it wants to do is charge the battery. Any ideas how I can fix this?
I would advise to check the USB cable or the port that it connects into on your computer. Returning to stock doesnt affect the USB driver.

blackwaterstout

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I would advise to check the USB cable or the port that it connects into on your computer. Returning to stock doesnt affect the USB driver.

Cable and port are fine. I use it with my wifes phone with no problems. Not sure what to do now. I need connectivity in order to use easy tether and right now I'm stuck with no access.

Any other ideas?

ichihollow

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks ill search around for them but can you tell me if this resets the phone to factory stock or just sets the original recovery only.

It results in a factory issued phone just keep in mind the "newer" optimus s phones have different LCD panels so the earliest they can go back is vc.

Reactions: TriWolf

TriWolf

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
It results in a factory issued phone just keep in mind the "newer" optimus s phones have different LCD panels so the earliest they can go back is vc.
and the update from there right. i just want to get this so when and if and its a big if when they release gingerbread for the LG Optimus S

ichihollow

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
and the update from there right. i just want to get this so when and if and its a big if when they release gingerbread for the LG Optimus S

i would just wait for them to release it before going through all of this. kp500 will allow you to choose which firmware you install if you choose the vd on then it will be at the most current release.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
your best bet is a force flash with kp500 or kdz

Sorry if this seems redundent, but will this also remove the custom recovery? I am having major data issues and may be taking phone in for service so will need to be at true factory state. If so are there any posts out there that walkthru the kdz method of unrooting?

Sent from my Optimus S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty