DarkTremor a2sd

AVanover5

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I just installed DarkTremor a2sd. I followed these instructions except that I used Xiona CWMA to make the ext partition. I ran the update zip and it installed fine. The problem is, a2sd won't mount with the Stock ROM (LG670ZVC). So what ROMS, if any, currently support a2sd?

UPDATE: Don't use DarkTremor a2sd beta 4 on CM7. You'll get stuck at the red LG logo screen.

Last edited:

trekkie1701c

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest you do not use it; in fact it is disabled in the ROMs here (as far as I know) due to it causing serious damage to your SD card (sure, it works with other phones, just not the Optimus S).

Reactions: AVanover5

cordell

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I have been running DarkTremors a2sd from day one and no issues yet, knock on wood! I used it on ThundeRom, Lego Rom, and now using it on CM7 Rom. I am using CM7 as my daily driver/rom nightly #16, but if you want something where everything works like its is meant to the try Lego Rom, its all laid out for you like a set of Lego's, lol. Awesome concept too! Once CM7 is 100% I would recommend using it, unless you dont mind a few minor bugs, I dont :)

I DO NOT recommend running DarkTremors a2sd with the stock sd card. Get yourself a Class 6 or HIGHER sd card first!!!

If there is no little circle with a number in it, well thats more than likely a class 2....

AVanover5

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I have been running DarkTremors a2sd from day one and no issues yet, knock on wood! I used it on ThundeRom, Lego Rom, and now using it on CM7 Rom. I am using CM7 as my daily driver/rom nightly #16, but if you want something where everything works like its is meant to the try Lego Rom, its all laid out for you like a set of Lego's, lol. Awesome concept too! Once CM7 is 100% I would recommend using it, unless you dont mind a few minor bugs, I dont :)

I DO NOT recommend running DarkTremors a2sd with the stock sd card. Get yourself a Class 6 or HIGHER sd card first!!!

If there is no little circle with a number in it, well thats more than likely a class 2....
I have a class 4. That should be enough right? I know of others using this class on other phones. Optimus S has a 600Mhz processor with an older instruction set... doesn't sound too bad... I figure 512MB for the ext partition and 64MB for swap...

AVanover5

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site

AVanover5

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Not sure how you guys got it working for CM7. My phone gets stuck on the red LG logo whenever I flash DarkTremors a2sd. The script is useless without flashing a2sd...

cordell

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Not sure how you guys got it working for CM7. My phone gets stuck on the red LG logo whenever I flash DarkTremors a2sd. The script is useless without flashing a2sd...

I am using version 2.7.5.2 First wipe phone from recovery then flash the debug system, install CM7, immediately install gapps. Boot phone, install your market stuff, gmail, you tube, maps, get phone up and running. Reboot recovery and make a nandroid, then flash version 2.7.5.2, reboot. It will take a little while as it is establishing links to and moving apps. Once it boots all is fine, it should be up and running! :) You dont need to go into terminal or anything, it will install at flash.

AVanover5

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I am using version 2.7.5.2 First wipe phone from recovery then flash the debug system, install CM7, immediately install gapps. Boot phone, install your market stuff, gmail, you tube, maps, get phone up and running. Reboot recovery and make a nandroid, then flash version 2.7.5.2, reboot. It will take a little while as it is establishing links to and moving apps. Once it boots all is fine, it should be up and running! :) You dont need to go into terminal or anything, it will install at flash.

Ah, so perhaps 2.7.5.3 beta 4 isn't compatible with this build of CM7. I'll try out 2.7.5.2 then. Thank you. :) Oh, and you don't need debug system if you have Xiona CWMA (You just format /system from here).

simon.ponder

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Success

I have tried several methods and it seems that I am having limited success. Titanium BackUp shows an app2sd partition but I have less apps installed than before the mod and both my internal storage and my apps2sd has less space then before.

Any body meet with success, and can you give some details, instead of I used this one and it work?

EDIT - Still running into a brick wall, thinking about returning to FAT32 for the entire card. apps2sd shows as almost full, even after a fresh format with nothing in it yet.

Last edited:

r0gu3dev1pr

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I have tried several methods and it seems that I am having limited success. Titanium BackUp shows an app2sd partition but I have less apps installed than before the mod and both my internal storage and my apps2sd has less space then before.

Any body meet with success, and can you give some details, instead of I used this one and it work?

EDIT - Still running into a brick wall, thinking about returning to FAT32 for the entire card. apps2sd shows as almost full, even after a fresh format with nothing in it yet.

Have you tried any of the commands? In terminal or adb while at root prompt #? a2sd check (good for diagnosis) a2sd reinstall (resets the flag to use sd-ext)

mercrapper

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried any of the commands? In terminal or adb while at root prompt #? a2sd check (good for diagnosis) a2sd reinstall (resets the flag to use sd-ext)

I do my own sort of apps2sd by adding some userinit scripts to the sd-ext partition of my sdcard. It works great, no lag, plenty of internal storage. As a matter of fact, installing new apps doesn't even use and internal storage until I use the app and it creates user data.

1. create sd-ext partition (assuming you have already done this, but easiest way for me it to use CWM 3.0.0.6 under the advanced menu)
2. create "userinit.d" directory in sd-ext
3. create "app" dir in sd-ext
4. create script in sd-ext/userinit.d to move /data/app/* to /sd-ext/app and bind mount /sd-ext/app as /data/app
Example :
mv /data/app/* /sd-ext/app
mount -o bind /sd-ext/app /data/app

5. chmod the script to 755
6. chown the script to root:system

That's it. All apks installed will go to sd-ext/app, but it will appear as /data/app. This way, you won't wear out the sdcard with tons of read/writes because once the apks are cached in dalvik-cache, they are no longer used unless it is uninstalled/updated or has to build a new cache. All user data is still written to the internal /data partition

You can put as many scripts s you want in /sd-ext/userinit.d and they will get executed in order at boot time (before the boot animation)
I also use this method to move my /data/dalvik-cache to /cache/dalvik-cache (bind mount).
Another use is to put the market fix if you need it.

EDIT : I have over 70 apps installed and my internal storage only has 23MB used ;-)

Last edited:
Reactions: simon.ponder

simon.ponder

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Definitely

I do my own sort of apps2sd by adding some userinit scripts to the sd-ext partition of my sdcard. It works great, no lag, plenty of internal storage. As a matter of fact, installing new apps doesn't even use and internal storage until I use the app and it creates user data.

1. create sd-ext partition (assuming you have already done this, but easiest way for me it to use CWM 3.0.0.6 under the advanced menu)
2. create "userinit.d" directory in sd-ext
3. create "app" dir in sd-ext
4. create script in sd-ext/userinit.d to move /data/app/* to /sd-ext/app and bind mount /sd-ext/app as /data/app
Example :
mv /data/app/* /sd-ext/app
mount -o bind /sd-ext/app /data/app

5. chmod the script to 755
6. chown the script to root:system

That's it. All apks installed will go to sd-ext/app, but it will appear as /data/app. This way, you won't wear out the sdcard with tons of read/writes because once the apks are cached in dalvik-cache, they are no longer used unless it is uninstalled/updated or has to build a new cache. All user data is still written to the internal /data partition

You can put as many scripts s you want in /sd-ext/userinit.d and they will get executed in order at boot time (before the boot animation)
I also use this method to move my /data/dalvik-cache to /cache/dalvik-cache (bind mount).
Another use is to put the market fix if you need it.

EDIT : I have over 70 apps installed and my internal storage only has 23MB used ;-)

I will definitely give this a shot, as I like to learn new things.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timeless1