[How-to] Revert to LS670V9, after installing OTA LS670VC/VD, using KP500 (Diag mode)

Cat88Extreme

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I reverted back to VC a week or so ago and now I am getting the update notification. I would like to stop getting this notification so my question is, if I do the VC install again, but change the names to VD will the updater think I have the newest version and stop bugging me.

I have my doubts that this will work, but it's worth asking the question.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I reverted back to VC a week or so ago and now I am getting the update notification. I would like to stop getting this notification so my question is, if I do the VC install again, but change the names to VD will the updater think I have the newest version and stop bugging me.

I have my doubts that this will work, but it's worth asking the question.
There is a link in the reference section of the first post for how to get it to stop bugging you.

Essentially, choose more info, then pull the battery. It'll stop bugging you.

verkmastare

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
The program updater starts, but freezes at 25% (determining if LG PC sync program is running).

The actual LG tool works, finds my phone and gets me to the point where the program says that this model is not supported (about 44%, well after checking for PC Sync and identifying phone) but when I try to use the KP500 program it doesn't go past 25%.

Any ideas?

Eklypsezero

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
okay I just did everything and my Optimus is just a black screen. It working as I can hear my phone get txt msgs and the back light is on. I loaded up the LG mobile support tool to see if it downgraded and sure enough it did to ZV9. My question is how do I go from ZV9 to ZVC so I can root this phone?

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
okay I just did everything and my Optimus is just a black screen. It working as I can hear my phone get txt msgs and the back light is on. I loaded up the LG mobile support tool to see if it downgraded and sure enough it did to ZV9. My question is how do I go from ZV9 to ZVC so I can root this phone?
Did you read the RED warning #2?

There are specific instructions for the new LCD.

If you want ZVC instead of ZVD, in step (9) use KP500 to flash ZVC (see the reference section for the substitutions) instead of using LG Mobile Updater to flash ZVD.

iSwim77

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I downloaded everything correctly and I did the command prompt correctly but when I press enter a pop says... C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\image\header_bg.gif was not found

How do I fix this?

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I downloaded everything correctly and I did the command prompt correctly but when I press enter a pop says... C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\image\header_bg.gif was not found

How do I fix this?
This is covered in the bold section of step (p)

You didn't install LG Mobile Updater. To fix it, install it.

clott2

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Everything went well when I reverted back to LS670V9. My phone seems to be working well. No problems. When I attempt to update my profile or update the PRL, I get a message that says "The Client failed to authenticate the DM Server(48). Please try again later." I've tried it several times and I continue to get the same answer. How do I fix this problem? Thanks for any help in advance.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Backup your important data.

Make sure you are running Xionia CWMA recovery (not thunderc recovery)

Open your dialer, dial ##786#. It'll ask you for MSL. Call Sprint and tell them you are having trouble with data and update profile isn't working so you were told to do a ##786# reset, but it is asking for a code. They'll give you your 6-digit MSL code. Once you enter it, your phone will reboot and reset. After the reboot is done (which will take a little longer because it needs to create stuff from scratch) restore you data.

Last edited:

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
You can't use LG Mobile Update to flash ZVC, it'll only flash ZVD. If you flash ZVC using KP500 you'll get hotspot back.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey Man, I can't get the .cab files to download correctly ... I've tried numerous times, am I doing something wrong?
Could you be more specific, are you getting an error, is the download incomplete, is the checksum wrong, and which link are you using, I included a primary and an alternate.

Blake1288

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Need some help ...

OK, so I have Xionia now after rooting.

I reverted back to Z9 (V9), or whatever it's called. In the guide it took me to post three in this guide saying that I should install either ThunderROM or CM7 if I want to keep root ... So I did ... I decided I wanted to try CM7, so like the guide on CM7 says I did the first flash ... first, then CM7, then Google Apps; however, CM7 didn't work ... Even after re-downloading it, four times, I can't get it to work. I cleared data, yada yada yada. I didn't however, make a nandroid back up :)

All I want to know is, can I get someones nandroid backup? Or something?

Thanks.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
In the guide it took me to post three in this guide saying that I should install either ThunderROM or CM7 if I want to keep root
The guide didn't say that.

It said you needed to install Xionia CWMA Recovery if you wanted to preserve your ability to root.

It *never* said you should install Cyanogen Mod or ThundeROM custom ROMs to keep root. You can stay at ZV9 or ZVD and be rooted. The revert post directed you to do part 2 of the ZVD rooting guide. After that you could have chosen to just do part 5 and be rooted with ZVD.

u) You MUST have this step (install CWMA or stock V9 recovery) completed if you want to preserve your ability to root. You will NOT have permanent root at the end of this step (because you will lose root when you upgrade to VD). You WILL, however, be set up to have success following the rooting thread instructions. If you don't care about root and just want to run stock V9, you can skip this step completely.

Root your phone, install Xionia CWMA custom recovery, and use LG Mobile Support Tool to install LS670ZVD. Directions here (Part 2, skip the first step). Installing Xionia CWMA custom recovery (or stock V9 recovery, or any custom recovery) will preserve your ability to root after updating to LS670ZVD. Installing LS670ZVD using the LG Mobile Support Tool will get you the latest stock VD Android and VD radio/baseband while keeping your existing CWMA custom recovery. After that you can choose to stick with stock VD Android or update to your favorite VC or VD-based ROM. If you are a more advanced user who doesn't need specific instructions, you can save some steps by jumping to step 2 of the alternate method in the reference section below.

The good news is you can just run LG Mobile Updater and you'll get ZVD again or you can run the ThundeROM install.

Last edited:

Blake1288

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Part 3: If you wish to simply update to the VD radio and run a custom ROM (Xionia Clockwork Recovery)
Now that you have Xionia Clockwork Recovery installed and your device updated to LS670ZVD, it's time to install a custom ROM.

1) Download either ThundeROM, nROM or the Scott Pilgrim Awesomeness CM7 build. Lego ROM will also work, but has way too many variables to be officially supported by this guide.
2) Reboot to recovery mode by opening a Windows command prompt and executing:
Quote:
adb reboot recovery
3) Using the Volume-up/Volume-down keys, select 'mounts and storage' and press the Menu key.
4) Using the Volume-up/Volume-down keys, select 'mount USB storage' and press the Menu key. A new removable disk drive will be added by Windows.
5) Take that ROM you downloaded earlier (along with all of the extra required ZIP files depending on the ROM) and copy all relevant ZIP files to your device.

Yes, it does.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress