[Themes] HoneycombS, Alpha7 and Orion *4/13/2011*

nikc4

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, I'm beginning to wonder about that. I'm going to download it tonight and take a look....

Has anyone tried to install another theme since upgradimg to the new nightly?

I'm running the mdpi port of haxzamatic's honeycomb theme. If you haven't checked it out, you should, it's pretty cool, looks great, my only issue with it is it overwrites my launcherpro plus widget theme (the signal23 rewritten apk). I'm trying to modify the redirections.xml to not overwrite com.fede.launcher, but it won't install when i delete that line. Weird.

EDIT:Figured a link would be helpful:
http://romrepo.info/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15&p=64#p64

If anyone is able to take the com.fede.launcher line out of the redirections.xml in a way that it would still install, or figure out another way to keep it from theming my LPP widgets, i would be forever grateful.

Last edited:

FreddyFredFred

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I already had it installed and chosen as my theme before updating the nightly. When I go into theme chooser, it is not listed. Says it is my current theme. But it skips over where it would be. I have 4 themes installed and it goes from 1/4-2/4-4/4. There is no 3/4 to choose!

jasonevil

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm running the mdpi port of haxzamatic's honeycomb theme. If you haven't checked it out, you should, it's pretty cool, looks great, my only issue with it is it overwrites my launcherpro plus widget theme (the signal23 rewritten apk). I'm trying to modify the redirections.xml to not overwrite com.fede.launcher, but it won't install when i delete that line. Weird.

EDIT:Figured a link would be helpful:
ROMRepo.info • View topic - Honeybread (Fixed for MDPI devices)

If anyone is able to take the com.fede.launcher line out of the redirections.xml in a way that it would still install, or figure out another way to keep it from theming my LPP widgets, i would be forever grateful.

the images in that "port" are still the hdpi images so it's not really mdpi. i've been theming too long to know when it's the wrong size...some of the 9's work correctly but that is because of the nature of them.

as to the launcher pro, you'd have to take out the redirections as well as the actual xml for it to resign....

nikc4

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
the images in that "port" are still the hdpi images so it's not really mdpi. i've been theming too long to know when it's the wrong size...some of the 9's work correctly but that is because of the nature of them.

as to the launcher pro, you'd have to take out the redirections as well as the actual xml for it to resign....

I dunno what any of that means, all i know is that it works better than the original. I don't know how to do the xml resign either. Could I turn off signing in recovery and flash the modified apk?

Or is there another way i could go about doing it? I tried deleting all the images related to the widgets from the apk, and it installed, but it wont show up in the theme picker, similar to yours.

jasonevil

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I dunno what any of that means, all i know is that it works better than the original. I don't know how to do the xml resign either. Could I turn off signing in recovery and flash the modified apk?

Or is there another way i could go about doing it? I tried deleting all the images related to the widgets from the apk, and it installed, but it wont show up in the theme picker, similar to yours.

you have to do it after you decompile the apk either usign apk tool or apk manager

jasonevil

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
i'm going to take down the link for the cm7 theme until i figure this out...if anyone would like to test once i get it sorted out...just message me....

*Edit*

it is definately the new nightly, i just upgraded and I had the same problem....i'm working on the situation. :D

if anyone knows of any solution, let me know.....

Last edited:

sonicbluemustang

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I just tried the Honeycomb and was dissappointed when I saw it changed all the settings icons back to plain jane. Tried reflashing different theme but in the end I had to reinstall TR. that sucks, huh. :)

jasonevil

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Any luck with figuring out the cm7 problem?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Apparently on xda I found out that a few devices nightlies it killed the theme engine for themes made using windows. I think im on the right track for a work around. Ill know tonight...

cmyasika1

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
CM7 Version: 1

Updated: 3/27/11

Instructions:

1. Download apk
2. Place on root of your sd card
3. Using a file explorer, install the apk
4. Open theme chooser
5. Select HoneycombS
6. You will get this error: "Sorry, this theme is missing assets for your device's screen size." Hit apply anyway
7. Reboot
8. Enjoy!

ss1ab.png

ss2l.png

ss3km.png

Download will return once i sort everything out....promise![/QUOTE]

Any idea when the update will be up and running? I'm anxious

jasonevil

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Works looks good. Are there any plans on more icons and a matching launcher in the future?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Thank goodness....

Yes there will be a themed launcher, thats next on the list. Then reincorperate the recent changes into the thundeRom version....