Gingersnap Root Utility (one-click ROOT!!!) Multi-Platform

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: rooting android LG Optimus M with 2.2.2

Can anyone help me root Android LG Optimus M from Metro PCS with 2.2.2 OS. trying to figure out what apps to use and how to do it if it is even possible for my phone. all help or comments appreciated
What is the model number for that one? Have you tried the forum for it?

jserr23

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey Guys,
Need some help here I have been trying to root my LG Optimus S phone with this utility with no luck. I have followed all the pre-reqs and the steps and nothing it just hangs indefinitely on "could take a while". Then it said it was completed on the 5th try, but it didn't reboot and when I manually rebooted there was no change. Android Version 2.3.3
LS670
ZVH.41
What am I missing? I really want to root my phone so I can have a portable hotspot and get a better interface!!
Please help!

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey Guys,
Need some help here I have been trying to root my LG Optimus S phone with this utility with no luck. I have followed all the pre-reqs and the steps and nothing it just hangs indefinitely on "could take a while". Then it said it was completed on the 5th try, but it didn't reboot and when I manually rebooted there was no change. Android Version 2.3.3
LS670
ZVH.41
What am I missing? I really want to root my phone so I can have a portable hotspot and get a better interface!!
Please help!

Gingerbreak will NOT root ZVH. look for the ZVH sticky at the top of the Forum
Click Here

androidmatty

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
For anyone with an Optimus S with software version ZVD trying to use Gingersnap on OS X to root your phone -- it does work, but you may have to try a few times. I was getting impatient and despondent on the 4th try and started playing with my phone while gingersnap was working and then suddenly it worked -- so not sure if the phone was going to sleep or something. In any case, it does work!:)

gear_jammer

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Tried to root using Gingersnap....progress bar stops a little more than half way through, and doesn't ever complete. Have let it sit for 2 + hours. Still never finishes. Any help would be great.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Tried to root using Gingersnap....progress bar stops a little more than half way through, and doesn't ever complete. Have let it sit for 2 + hours. Still never finishes. Any help would be great.

Need more info. What version are you on? If ZVH, you need Sons of Korhal. If ZVJ, there isn't an exploit available (yet), and you'll need to read the stickies.

RazzMaTazz

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I had some trouble getting this to (1) download, and (2) install properly. Both problems were caused by anti-virus software seeing Gingersnap as an "exploit"-- which it is. That's the whole point!

1) Windows Explorer 9 would not let me download Gingersnap because it sees it as a virus. From Internet Explorer 9, you have to go to "Setting/Safety/Turn off Smart Screen Filter. Then download Gingersnap.

2) Gingersnap seemed to run fine, but then when I installed Titanium Backup, it said that the phone wasn't rooted. (It wasn't.) Everntually I figured out that I had to turn off my antivirus software (Microsoft Security Essentials) to get Gingersnap to work properly.

I hope this helps someone else.

2048ghz

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
has gingersnap cracked lg vm696 Plz say yes lol let me know:eek: a email would be cool [Mod edit:] but I know because I read the forum rules not to post my e-mail address.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tna_Thaking

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Mine for some reason isn't work, what i have done...
Installed lg drive from the LG site for my Optimus S ls670
installed all the files as required
factory reset phone
put phone in usb debugging

And, when trying gingersnap all i get is it getting stuck half way saying exploiting..

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Mine for some reason isn't work, what i have done...
Installed lg drive from the LG site for my Optimus S ls670
installed all the files as required
factory reset phone
put phone in usb debugging

And, when trying gingersnap all i get is it getting stuck half way saying exploiting..

This method will NOT work on the newer baseband versions. You should use this method. http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=1799338

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mickmac