factory re-set

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
heres a quick question, I am rooted using the [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVD with GingerBreak (no reverting and OTA works too!) method. I am using the stock rom, I did not install the Xionia CWMA recovery kernel. I ONLY rooted to use certain apps that is ALL. My question is what would happen if i did a factory reset
>settings>privacy>factory data reset?

Does this warning apply here> [BRICK WARNING]Dont clear phone via Menu>Privacy after custom recovery[BRICK WARNING]?

would this remove the root process?

Sorry for all the questions, but i am just trying to gain some insight so i have a better understanding how my newly rooted optimus will work, and what some problems might be, what to do to fix or prevent them from happening in the first place.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
heres a quick question, I am rooted using the [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVD with GingerBreak (no reverting and OTA works too!) method. I am using the stock rom, I did not install the Xionia CWMA recovery kernel. I ONLY rooted to use certain apps that is ALL. My question is what would happen if i did a factory reset
>settings>privacy>factory data reset?

Does this warning apply here> [BRICK WARNING]Dont clear phone via Menu>Privacy after custom recovery[BRICK WARNING]?

would this remove the root process?

Sorry for all the questions, but i am just trying to gain some insight so i have a better understanding how my newly rooted optimus will work, and what some problems might be, what to do to fix or prevent them from happening in the first place.

Factory reset does not touch /system and therefore won't change your root status. What it will do is make you need to redo everything including the google account sync.

Reactions: blackops1125

sheit

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
The "Brick Warning" would not come in to play as you do not have a custom recovery - and should still be on the LG recovery.

With your phone off holding (vol down, home, and power) you can get to recovery and make sure of this.

Alvis

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Bet you had a custom recovery. The OP states that no custom recovery was installed so it's fine.

Nor sir I was just like op, stock recovery and and rooted, I synced the wrong Gmail account and like a noob I didn't read the stickied post so I bricked myself and had to go get a new phone

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Nor sir I was just like op, stock recovery and and rooted, I synced the wrong Gmail account and like a noob I didn't read the stickied post so I bricked myself and had to go get a new phone

That makes no sense. I do factory resets from stock all the time (with stock recovery) and I have NEVER once had a brick.

You also could have easily unbricked instead of wasting time and money getting a new phone.

Reactions: blackops1125

Alvis

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Well another thing i forgot to add was I was on v9 if that makes any difference and I did I tried alllllllll the unbricking guides and didn't waste any money :)

Last edited:

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Well another thing i forgot to add was I was on v9 if that makes any difference and I did I tried alllllllll the unbricking guides and didn't waste any money :)
Can u send me ur brick? Since u didn't waste money on a new cell? :) and the baseband has nada to do with it either. Unbrick would have worked.. sometimes its a simple mistake.. leave out a slash or a space in the code and u fail. So I am pretty sure it was user error :p. Either way send me your brick :)