A couple things i need to ask, please advize me.

Mushroomer

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Okay, before i continue my journey here i just need to know if a few things are even possible. ;) 1.) The sprint phone was setup already for previous owner, can I (FORCEFULLY) wipe that to start from scratch? Im sure i can. but.. And 2.) The factory reset requires this guys pin #, which i don't obviously have. I want to make this phone mine ;). let me go out on a limb here ;) [Gingerbreak time? ]

imhumanoid

May 22, 2011
Visit site
#1 what are you running? 2.3.5?

and use recovery "wipe data/factory reset" something like that. and also wipe cache. Should clear EVERYTHING user set. including the pin.

How do it, you gotta go into recovery. So turn your phone off......
Hold the home button, the lower volume button both at the same time. still holding begin to hold the power button, so hold all 3 till the phone comes on and you can let go, if it reboots normal, restart and hold all 3 a little longer.
your phone should go into recovery.

Should look something like this;
android-recovery.jpg

Last edited:

Mushroomer

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Alright thanks I needed a little reassurance on the holding of the three buttons ill check it in a few days when i get the phone from storage and let you know, k? thanks. the thing is, Im learning all i can here before hand. :)

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
#1 what are you running? 2.3.5?

and use recovery "wipe data/factory reset" something like that. and also wipe cache. Should clear EVERYTHING user set. including the pin.

How do it, you gotta go into recovery. So turn your phone off......
Hold the home button, the lower volume button both at the same time. still holding begin to hold the power button, so hold all 3 till the phone comes on and you can let go, if it reboots normal, restart and hold all 3 a little longer.
your phone should go into recovery.

Should look something like this;
android-recovery.jpg
What recovery is that? Cause that does not look like Xionia.

sent from my CM7 gingerbread Optimus S

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did!