Phone Reset by itself

Cort

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Well today is not my day with my Optimus S. Around 11am the dang thing froze on me and i couldnt do anything with it and it looked weird cause it was in the home screen but i couldnt see the notification bar or change screens. So i decided to take the battery out like i have before (during the stock 2gb problems of freezing) and when i place it back to turn it on the thing somewhat froze on the Android logo to later say Sprint ID Clean. I dont think of it much, but when it finally booted up it was asking to set-up the phone, so i lost my contacts and all my settings but i still have my apps..

Anyone have this same problem..
running 2.3.3

Phone was slow before this happened >.>

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I had a system wipe occur on 2.2.2/Froyo, too. Apparently, the stock recovery defaults to a factory reset if something crashes it hard enough. Still not sure what did it. Needless to say, this is one of the main motivators in my move to rooting and installing a custom recovery.

Cort

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Sfhub>
yea i did that but then noticed i didnt have the new contacts from this month. I dont keep it sync 24/7 as it drains battery.

epidenimus>
wow really even in 2.2.2, wonder what really did the phone in to cause the reset, since i highly doubt we had the same apps for the crash it.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I hate the idea of uploading all my contacts to an advertising company. Who does that to people they like?? GO Contacts EX is a more featured app and it allows you to save and backup your contacts to the SD card. You just have to remember to do it every now and then.

No idea what crashed it. I'm blaming it on Latitude. :D

Sdude1200

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I hate the idea of uploading all my contacts to an advertising company. Who does that to people they like?? GO Contacts EX is a more featured app and it allows you to save and backup your contacts to the SD card. You just have to remember to do it every now and then.

No idea what crashed it. I'm blaming it on Latitude. :D

Actually, believe it or not, you can export and import your contacts to the SD card in the stock app. You just click the menu button and there is an option. I make sure to do this about once a week just to be safe

Sent from my OptiRom v1ed LG Optimus S