scratched screen repair

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
There is a paste/wax kit for scratched ipod screens that will work. It's pretty much a straight forward "buff-out". Labor intensive, but worth it. Found it in BestBuy, if I remember correctly.

Some people have tried brasso, applesauce and toothpaste as a buff agent. I would be worried about the brasso and the plastic parts of my phone. Applesauce would appear to be a bit runny, I wouldn't try it myself. I've used toothpaste on my glasses, but I've never had a deep scratch on my glasses and I don't know what you're trying to buff out. A good rubbing compound from your local auto parts store may just be your best bet in price and function.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It's easier to prevent scratches (by using a screen protector) than to try to remove them. Unfortunately, they are no guarantee ways of getting those annoying scratches off except replacing the device or the screen. That's what I had to do. Sorry!

nachtwolf88

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
i tryed this displex touch screen polish didnt do anything but clean the screen but ill look into other means to fix it did look at replacing the screen but didnt really want to do all that for a little scratch here n there

Linoleum

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I had a single, major scratch on my Optimus S.... hated my phone for about a month until I bought the ghost armor screen protector film. It really helped cover/hide the scratch... really only see it now in DIRECT sunlight.

the_maplebar

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I had a single, major scratch on my Optimus S.... hated my phone for about a month until I bought the ghost armor screen protector film. It really helped cover/hide the scratch... really only see it now in DIRECT sunlight.

Ditto on that. A screen protector will do wonders to hide scratches. I had a Touch Pro with a scratch so bad there was a divot in the screen. After applying a screen protector it was very useable.

My suggestion: buff it out with a microfiber cloth, if you want try Brasso or one of the other solutions, then apply a screen protector.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non