how do i get free wireless hot spot

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
my friends at school have tablets and they are not rooted and they asked me for free hotspot. so i said i will go and android central and get it for my phone so you guys can use it. im running zvh gingerbread with hydro rom beta 2 with the latest version of gingerkernel please tell me how and it has to be 100% free or my parents will kill me if i have to pay for it thanks

formula355

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
If you're already rooted, why don't you just use the WiFi tether? Works for me on Hydro Beta 1. Was at almost 18mbs down the other night when my internet went out at the house.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I use an app an i have to update my profile do i do that or will that make me pay
Umm.... what? I'd love to answer your question, if there is one, but I really can't understand you. Please use some punctuation and make an attempt at forming sentences that describe your issue or concern. Thank you.

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Umm.... what? I'd love to answer your question, if there is one, but I really can't understand you. Please use some punctuation and make an attempt at forming sentences that describe your issue or concern. Thank you.

ok. i tried using an app called quick settings and hotspot widget i installed. when i use them it says i have to update my profile in settings. Do i do that or will that make it so i pay. Please remember im on zvh running hydro rom beta 2 if these apps dont work please tell me ones that do. if i pay for any kind of hotspot my parents will kill me. no joke. i just need a app that does free wi fi hotspot that i do not have to pay for. please tell me an app that works on zvh. Remember FREE HOTSPOT ABSOLUTLY FREE NO MULA.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
ok. i tried using an app called quick settings and hotspot widget i installed. when i use them it says i have to update my profile in settings. Do i do that or will that make it so i pay. Please remember im on zvh running hydro rom beta 2 if these apps dont work please tell me ones that do. if i pay for any kind of hotspot my parents will kill me. no joke. i just need a app that does free wi fi hotspot that i do not have to pay for. please tell me an app that works on zvh. Remember FREE HOTSPOT ABSOLUTLY FREE NO MULA.
Didn't they build Nick7's wifi hotspot widget into HydroROM? I thought they did. That should work just fine.

Sprint provides unlimited data plans. The only thing that really gets their attention is if you consume considerable roaming data. Stay on their 3G network and you should be fine. I also tend to think that it should be for your personal use exclusively, but that's just my opinion. And it is just a ad hoc hack running on a 3G connection; don't expect it to support multiple devices like a wireless router would. I usually use a user agent switcher and set it to mimic a mobile device so that my laptop loads pages quickly.

Reactions: jonny5449

formula355

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Didn't they build Nick7's wifi hotspot widget into HydroROM? I thought they did. That should work just fine.

Sprint provides unlimited data plans. The only thing that really gets their attention is if you consume considerable roaming data. Stay on their 3G network and you should be fine. I also tend to think that it should be for your personal use exclusively, but that's just my opinion. And it is just a ad hoc hack running on a 3G connection; don't expect it to support multiple devices like a wireless router would. I usually use a user agent switcher and set it to mimic a mobile device so that my laptop loads pages quickly.
I always wondered how the the WiFi tether worked.

I had my mother in law's laptop running on it the other night and when I checked the app it was at almost 18mbs down. I disconnected the laptop and connected my PS3 to it and was able to play BF3 online. I was happy since my FiOS was down that night. :D

Although, I did try it again at my brother in law's apartment and it wouldn't get passed 0.4kbps. I could get his computer to connect but the web browser wouldn't load pages. But if it's based off the 3G signal, then that would make sense at his place. I didn't even have a signal in his apartment.

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I always wondered how the the WiFi tether worked.

I had my mother in law's laptop running on it the other night and when I checked the app it was at almost 18mbs down. I disconnected the laptop and connected my PS3 to it and was able to play BF3 online. I was happy since my FiOS was down that night. :D

Although, I did try it again at my brother in law's apartment and it wouldn't get passed 0.4kbps. I could get his computer to connect but the web browser wouldn't load pages. But if it's based off the 3G signal, then that would make sense at his place. I didn't even have a signal in his apartment.

im using it right now perfectly and i have little to no 3g running and it is working perfect. now i can take my laptop to school to help my friend with opti s. MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. cause at our school wifi acces is blocked without password.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress