Touchscreen Oversensitivity (like unwanted double taps)

M_A_M

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else have this issue? I'm not sure if this also occurs with stock Roms, but I'm rooted and running GingerRom 1.3 (a 2.3.3 ZVJ Rom) on my Optimus S, and my touchscreen is often registering a double tap when I did not double tap. It's worse when I'm swiping. For example, when I am swiping through my apps list, it will often register a tap first, and thus open the app my finger was on when I started the swipe. It also makes swiping keyboards like Swype and TouchPal unusable, because I frequently get loss of touch in the middle of a swipe, leading the keyboard to think that I have lifted my finger and put it back down, which results in two words instead of one (such as trying to type "absolutely" and it becoming "acai Jeremy," or getting double letters such as trying to type "what" and getting "w what"). Is there anything I can do to fix this? It's driving me absolutely bonkers and makes it really hard to play games or type out messages or even go through app settings (because it frequently unchecks check boxes when I am just trying to scroll down!). I'm willing to try just about anything at this point. =(

Last edited:

M_A_M

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Touchsreen Oversensitivity (like unwanted double taps)

I saved the file onto the root of my SD card, then I booted into Xionia, made a backup, cleared the cache and dalvik-cache, and then chose "choose zip from sdcard" and selected the kernel you supplied, but when I went to flash it, I got the following:
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:No signature (14 files)
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

Have I done something wrong?

Edit: Some googling shows me I may want to try disabling signature check. I will try deleting the caches again and trying that once my phone finishes rebooting!

Edit again: It worked! Thanks for all the help! Now only the test of time will tell if it has fixed my problem...

Last edited:

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

Sorry I didnt respond quicker, but it seems you got it figured out on your own! Team Hydro never did a proper release on this which would have been signed. This is not to say that it is not stable, as it most certainly is and hands down one of the best kernels for the Optimus S (thekraven has one out now, but I dont have this device anymore and dont recommend what I cannot myself test). Any how, good luck in the future and let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. Also you might want to report back if this solved all your issues!

avidocado

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site

hlzanthus' link is no longer working.
I'm having the same problem as M_A_M

Emmago

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Am having the same issue too..my phone is not rooted .. And its damn too over sensitive..when i try to use touchpal it keeps duplicating letters..its so annoying..wen am on an app and scrolling down, it just brings up the date and time setting and i didnt press dat..someone pls help me..am new here though..thanks

Jackies Angeles

Jul 16, 2018
Visit site
Mine to isss hoorrrriibllee.. Rthhis. Is how our typeess... Iitttss. Juustt so. Frrustraating !! Alllso. Mmyy. Sccreeeeen zzoommss inn troop ssuuuuppeer. Big all by itsselllff. Aallsoo.. Ii. Try not to treat unnnlless ittss. My dddauughhtterrr. I. Try too. Fix the wwoourdds. But it. Ttakeess ffoooreeevveer to. Type correcctlyyy... Heellpp. Pplleaasee..... 😞😞😞😞

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which device do you have? Does it have a screen protector on? If so, try taking it off.