[How-To] Wireless Tether for VD

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you can revert to V9 or VC and get your hotspot back. Or you can upgrade to VD and TR1.8.2 and get your hotspot back.

arrogant437

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I did it and it worked, thank you much ,however im not sure which recovery kernel i have.I used Z4 root. How to I install Xionia CWMA custom recovery or the stock V9. with the flash and root method you suggested?(a little link and post guidance would be greatly appreciated). Also google mail wont run now. keeps forcing closed

Last edited:

DoesItMatter

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I did it and it worked, thank you much ,however im not sure which recovery kernel i have.I used Z4 root. How to I install Xionia CWMA custom recovery or the stock V9. with the flash and root method you suggested?(a little link and post guidance would be greatly appreciated). Also google mail wont run now. keeps forcing closed

http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...covery-xionia-clockwork-cwma-v1-2518-6-a.html

Just read through and follow that for the CWMA recovery - it does not matter whether you run V9, VC, VD

The 1.2518.6 works well - just follow the first post to flash it.

As far as GMail - uninstall it and re-download from market if it keeps force closing.

gootchimus

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Need help

i despretly need help i upgraded my lg optimus s to SW version LS670ZVD and now my hotspot widget isnt workin and i love that thing so if anyone knows wut i can do ill do it im not familiar with hacking phones but i do hack psps so it cant be to different

k9lover11

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Android newbie needs help!

Stupid me accepted the update yesterday, and now I have SW Version LS670ZVD. The wireless hotspot I was using via Quick Settings won't work anymore. Every time I try, it shuts off my 3G. Is there a way to revert to whatever I had before, which BTW, I have no clue what it was?

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Ok thread title updated, hopefully in a way that will get people to read the first post because:
1) Linked how to force flash an old version
2) Linked how to root if you want go that route
3) Suggested easy tether if you don't mind wired tethering and dont want to force flash or root your phone.

Just trying to keep the forums clean. Been merging threads about wireless tethering left and right lol

Reactions: krakmunkey

aaronleong

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I observed:

When downloading from Marketplace, I get a call, 3G turns off and the downloads stall until I manually resume them after I hang up.

Is that a Rev-A symptom or something related to this new update?

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Here's what I observed:

When downloading from Marketplace, I get a call, 3G turns off and the downloads stall until I manually resume them after I hang up.

Is that a Rev-A symptom or something related to this new update?

Voice and data cant be used simultaneously on CDMA. Thats a GSM thing, and a CDMA limitation. CDMA phones cannot use voice and data packets on the same radio at the same time and voice always takes priority over data, it is afterall a phone. The only exceptions are the HTC thunderbolt on Verizon and HTC EVO on Sprint and Epic on Sprint. The reason these phones can do it is because they have an additional radio for 4G. If you want voice and data at the same time you'll either need to switch to T-MO, AT&T or purchase one of the CDMA devices i listed above.

Also the reason it turns off 3G is because you're getting a call. Calls come over 1xrtt, not EVDO. EVDO (evolution data optimized aka Evolution data Only) can only be used for data. 1xRTT can be used for all native forms of communication (sms/mms) and phone calls in addition to data.

k9lover11

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok thread title updated, hopefully in a way that will get people to read the first post because:
1) Linked how to force flash an old version
2) Linked how to root if you want go that route
3) Suggested easy tether if you don't mind wired tethering and dont want to force flash or root your phone.

Just trying to keep the forums clean. Been merging threads about wireless tethering left and right lol

Ok, so I've tried using the method in the force flash link, and got as far as checking the output of the directory in step h. It says I should have 5 files, but I only have 2. I'm missing the 3 with the .dll extensions. It says if I don't have these 5 files, to stop and figure out why. I'm a newbie at this, and getting frustrated. Help!

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Ok, so I've tried using the method in the force flash link, and got as far as checking the output of the directory in step h. It says I should have 5 files, but I only have 2. I'm missing the 3 with the .dll extensions. It says if I don't have these 5 files, to stop and figure out why. I'm a newbie at this, and getting frustrated. Help!

Read the force flash thread and post any questions comments or concerns about the method in that thread so they can help you. The purpose of this thread was to point people in the proper direction.

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I posted this in another thread too, but if you ignore the update it eventually disappears from the notification bar (mine took about a week).

worldcreator

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Does the WIRED tethering still work ok? Some of the Android Market reviews for "Easy Tether" state that it no longer works either (since last week's update).

Can anyone 100% confirm??

I have no problems paying $10 for the app if it means I won't have to worry about updates in the future.

Reactions: acab1025