Sense Contact Sync Replacement

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Ok,

I still love my Optimus S but the one thing I miss from my Hero is the ability of Sense to sync all my Facebook/Gmail contacts without them needing to be named the same. Is there an app on the market that will do this? I'd prefer free but if I have to pay I will. I just hate needing to look for my gaming friends by their real name instead of the names I know they as in game.

shortyjacobs

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Dunno about apps, but if you go into your Contacts, select one, hit "Menu", "Edit Contacts", "Menu" again, "Join", you can then choose a profile to "join" with the one you selected. If you make a mistake, you can "unjoin" the contact back into the respective source contacts.

I did this because my facebook friends names didn't all match up with what I called them in my phone. It was tedious, but I only had to do it once...

shortyjacobs

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I think? Dunno...I have the Facebook app installed, and it automatically started adding some people's facebook profile pics, etc. to my contacts, but only to ones with very close name matches. For the rest, I had to follow the procedure I outlined above. I know I didn't have to do an extra "facebook sync" step though...

udbrky

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to restore contacts if you've removed them? I just synced my skype contacts and now want to join with facebook contacts I'd previously hidden - that I don't talk to on the phone. Is there a way to access those?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo