[TIP] Update PRL (60674).

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Sprint released a PRL update recently (60674). So update those PRLs! Looks like it may even include 3g roaming in some areas!

PRL = Preferred Roaming List.

Settings -> About Phone -> Update PRL.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Reactions: kalex

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Doesn't the phone come with 60672? That PRL is shared amongst all sprint android phones I think and that was pushed to EVOs a couple months ago.

People can check their PRL by going to menu > settings > about phone > status

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
you are thinking 60671 KSmith, its what I have. also forcing update check still serves 60671 .. ??

Ahh gotcha. Makes sense. Wasn't sure cause I've never updated my launch day optimus and I have 72. Must have gotten pushed one day without me knowing.

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I was unaware that the phone auto-updates PRL, I had to manually update mine. But the phone ships with 60671.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I was unaware that the phone auto-updates PRL, I had to manually update mine. But the phone ships with 60671.

I'm not sure what the precursor is for this to happen but at least twice i woke up in the morning and my EVO had a message on the screen that said "Your PRL has been updated" and you need to click ok to dismiss it. I am not huge into updating my radios/PRL/PRI like some people so probably most users on forums don't notice that it can auto update cause were flashing the stuff the day it comes out lol.

It wasn't until 3 days ago that i updated the radio for the optimus and it's only cause i screwed some stuff up bad and had to go back all the way through unroot, update, root, recovery, flash :D

Also zefie, i think PRL's don't go to all towers at the same time so you may want to try again when your in a different location (read = connected to a different tower). I know this is the case for PRIs so it's likely the case for PRLs as well.

cmags

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
My wife's stock opt s was at 72 but my phone running thunderrom was still at 71. Updating both got me 74 outside atlanta to the north.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

nealoc187

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
is there a thread or a webpage that sort of gives a noob some idea of what you guys are talking about? I realize that PRL is Preferred Roaming List but I have no idea what that actually means.

Also Ksmith you made some mention of updating your radio and PRI? What are those? Any reading I should do to learn more?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez