How to remove a corrupted game

valpez1

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded Six-Guns from the Play Store, but after it downloaded and installed itself onto my LG Optimus L9, the app is nowhere to be found on my phone. What's worse is that it used almost the entirety of my internal storage. I looked for it in my app list, but it isn't anywhere that I can see.

How can I manually uninstall this app? Thank you

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you installed the legit app from Play Store, it should be somewhere. Did the install seem normal, or was it interrupted somehow? Check everywhere in your App Drawer--maybe it's called "Guns" or "6 Guns" or "Gameloft - Six Guns" or something like that. If your phone has an option to hide apps in the App Drawer, make sure it isn't hidden.

valpez1

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
It was a legit app from Play Store. I watched it download from 0% to 100%, but then when it went to the "installation" phase I set the phone down and walked away, so I didn't see any interruption. When I picked the phone up again, the notification in the top tray said that the internal memory was close to being full. I looked at the settings in my app managers, and there isn't a hidden setting that I saw, nor could I find any iteration of the game's title. If it was interrupted somehow during the installation step, what would that mean regarding uninstalling it?

Interestingly, I looked on the google play store website on my computer, logged into my account, and saw that the game was indeed installed on my phone. But I still can't physically find it anywhere.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
And when you say you checked the app list, do you mean the App Drawer, or Settings/Apps/Downloaded?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This is very strange. What happens when you look up Six Guns on Google Play on your phone? Does it give the option to Uninstall or Install? Whichever one shows up, try pressing it. Uninstall is obviously the option you're looking for, but if it says Install, see if it will let you.

Here's an XDA thread about your issue, but the solutions might require root. Where is the apk file downloaded from Google play stored - xda-developers
If you could boot to the stock Recovery Menu, you could wipe the cache partition, but I don't think your phone has an easy way to access Recovery.

valpez1

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
That was definitely strange...I looked in Google Play, as you suggested, and the "Install" button was there, so I tried to install it again to see what would happened, and the game installed and is now functional and accessible on my phone. The strangest part is that I had tried that twice prior to starting this thread, but it didn't work.

Thank you for your help! Greatly appreciated :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty