For the past few months my phone has been acting up when it comes to alerting me when I get a text. If I'm actively using my phone, it's fine. If my screen is off, sometimes it'll take anywhere from five to fifteen minutes for my screen to come on and my phone to make my text alert noise. Sometimes I won't even get the noise/notification until I turn my screen on. This happens more often than not. And also, when I turn my screen on, the phone will jump from a certain time right to the current time. It has been updated several times and I've restarted it plenty of times as well, the same thing still happens. I have tried turning on and then off airplane mode and DND. I've tried other suggestions from multiple websites and still cannot fix this issue. I have an LG Stylo 4 and I've had it for slightly over a year.
    05-05-2020 10:43 PM
    Hi, you tried Android messaging app see if its the same?
    05-05-2020 11:12 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Any power-saving modes turned on, or 3rd party battery-saver apps installed?
    05-06-2020 12:23 AM
    LG Stylo 4

Which version of android?
    Which carrier?
    Which messaging app?
    Check the battery optimization settings?
    05-06-2020 12:24 AM
    Duplicate threads merged.
    05-06-2020 12:33 AM
    Android Version 9, Cricket Wireless and the already preinstalled app. Power saving mode is turned off.
    05-06-2020 12:51 AM
    Android Version 9, Cricket Wireless and the already preinstalled app. Power saving mode is turned off.
    Try textra
    05-06-2020 12:53 AM
    Try also turning off Battery Optimization for the messaging app, if it's not off already.
    05-06-2020 01:00 AM
    I'm not really sure that it's something wrong with the messaging app itself. Like I said, if I'm currently using the phone, I'll get the notification of a text right away. The problem only happens when my screen is off. " If my screen is off, sometimes it'll take anywhere from five to fifteen minutes for my screen to come on and my phone to make my text alert noise. Sometimes I won't even get the noise/notification until I turn my screen on. This happens more often than not. And also, when I turn my screen on, the phone will jump from a certain time right to the current time." I don't know if that is an issue directly with my phone, or just texts.
    05-06-2020 01:13 AM
    It could be. If an app is battery optimized, it might "sleep" inappropriately when the screen is off (in an attempt to preserve battery), and won't wake up again until the phone is awake (or until you open the messaging app into the foreground). Still worth trying as a test.
    05-06-2020 02:15 AM
    I'm not really sure that it's something wrong with the messaging app itself. Like I said, if I'm currently using the phone, I'll get the notification of a text right away. The problem only happens when my screen is off. " If my screen is off, sometimes it'll take anywhere from five to fifteen minutes for my screen to come on and my phone to make my text alert noise. Sometimes I won't even get the noise/notification until I turn my screen on. This happens more often than not. And also, when I turn my screen on, the phone will jump from a certain time right to the current time." I don't know if that is an issue directly with my phone, or just texts.
    That's why I'm suggesting try another text app to determine its your stock message app issue or phone settings issue. These are troubleshooting steps to help figure out what's happening .
    05-06-2020 09:22 AM
    Okay. I'll try that other texting app you suggested for a few days and let you guys know. Thanks for all the help and advice, much appreciated. :-)
    mustang7757 likes this.
    05-06-2020 10:16 PM
    Okay. I'll try that other texting app you suggested for a few days and let you guys know. Thanks for all the help and advice, much appreciated. :-)
    Ok, thanks , keep us posted
    05-06-2020 10:17 PM
    So I tried Textra for a few days, and then GO SMS. Although I really do like the many customization options on Textra, the problem still persists. I'm out of ideas.
    05-09-2020 08:54 PM
    So I tried Textra for a few days, and then GO SMS. Although I really do like the many customization options on Textra, the problem still persists. I'm out of ideas.
    "And also, when I turn my screen on, the phone will jump from a certain time right to the current time." I don't know if that is an issue directly with my phone, or just texts."

I reread back again from your earlier post , you might have a issue with your sim. Try safe mode with your stock message app see if it still a problem.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-09-2020 10:00 PM
    Okay. How do I try safe mode? Is there a specific way you recommend, or just a Google search to see how to do it?
    05-16-2020 01:23 AM
    Okay. How do I try safe mode? Is there a specific way you recommend, or just a Google search to see how to do it?
    Can follow this

05-16-2020 01:25 AM
    It still does the same thing. It's really not that big of a deal, just an annoyance and inconvenience. Not being alerted about a text for sometimes up to twenty minutes or until I turn my screen on is irritating. Not like I need to buy a new phone or anything though. Just thought I'd see if there was a way to fix it. Thanks for all the help and suggestions though you guys. I appreciate it very much. :-)
    mustang7757 and B. Diddy like this.
    05-20-2020 01:28 AM