how to get hi def sound without headphones?

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
At one time I saw a fix to get the increased volume and premium sound without plugging in headphones but I can't find it? Anyone?

Posted via the Android Central App

mbryanr

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
DAC fix is the only thing I know of, and requires to be plugged in.

Posted from my LG V10

Last edited:

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Pretty sure the 32 BIT DAC is activated only when it senses the presence of TRS plug. I guess an awkward way around that is an external speaker plugged in, or a TRS-RCA "Y" adapter into a hi-fi line-in.

mbryanr

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
The DAC fix allows all apps (not just the LG supported apps) to utilize the HiFi DAC. It doesn't change the plug in requirement. BTW, only Sony has the codec to transfer via Bluetooth lossless audio.

Posted from my LG V10

thisisjason

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I didn't know it had to be plugged it...is there any sense having it then? Doesn't the installed dac work the same way? Thanks

By default the hi-fi DAC only works with some apps, even with headphones plugged in. On other apps it would use the Snapdragon DAC instead. The DAC Fix app gives you access to the DAC in all apps.

The DAC/Amp only works with wired connection (i.e. headphones or aux). It could never work with wireless connection (DAC means digital to analog converter after all, while bluetooth is still a digital signal). I doubt it's possible to use it with the internal speaker either, not that such a poor quality speaker would benefit from it anyway

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I didn't know it had to be plugged it...is there any sense having it then? Doesn't the installed dac work the same way? Thanks

Well... Look at it this way, a wired connection is the only way to truly capitalize on the potential. Bluetooth is compressed/lossy so it would be pointless feeding it with a 32 BIT data stream. The V10 speaker is not capable either. In either case the benefit of 24-32 BIT data would be inaudible.

EDIT... Just found out the V10 is APT-X compatible. I have never used it before, but APT-x is supposed to be a less-compressed BT audio codec. An apt-x device might benefit from a higher resolving DAC process.