How's your V10 holding up?

Knightstalker

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
After a month and a half it's holding up great... smooth as the first day i bought it... battery is still s#itty but fast charging makes up for it (0-100 in 90mins or less)... i gave it a workout this past weekend at a carshow with almost 500 pics and it did great... loving this phone...

msn619

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Got mine few days after release date, no case since I have a extra batt from promo easier to change batt, just tempered glass, its holding up well considering I have a 4yrs old & 1yr old who loves to play & drop my phone. Camer lens i think its scratch proof I check it every now and then considering my phone gets a lot of abouse from my kids, I get scratch on the side but that's it.

bennu901

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
I'm coming from a note 5 and I'm regretting it so many bugs I'm thinking of doing a factory reset today maybe that Will help the most annoying 1is when I try to answer incoming calls and it hangs up smh

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Had mine for almost a month now. I need to get a replacement because the SD card pins are bent. Otherwise not bad

Posted via the Android Central App

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Got mine on 12/24/15 with an otterbox defender... I am very VERY rough with my phones. (I bent and destroyed my Sony Xperia Z3 after 36 days.)

I managed to put a very faint scratch on the V10 main camera lens. It doesn't seem significant enough to hinder the camera. The fingerprint sensor is sensitive to the condition of my fingerprints. Dry callous hands cause scanning problems where I have to rely on the screen knock code. Not a bad thing mind you, I often prefer screen knocks.

All in all I really can't complain. I'll gladly take the V10 or any plastic/rubber backed phone any day over glass. After my Z3 experience, I will never consider any phone with glass on the back.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any problems. The phone does a great job and I'm very happy with it. The only issue I've found is that the fingerprint unlock function is iffy sometimes. Otherwise, great phone! Now...that being said, WHERE THE HELL IS OUR MARSHMALLOW UPDATE!!! :(

dwmitchell61

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
Update - I am another screen cracked & shattered victim... About 0.75" up from lower left corner right at the edge where glass meets the frame.

I am NOT HAPPY... I had Verizon put the Zagg glass screen protector ($35) and the Casemate Wallet Portofolio case ($65) on it to protect it.

Now out $149 and getting a refurbished unit through Asurion.... Not happy. Just got it January 6th.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Update - I am another screen cracked & shattered victim... About 0.75" up from lower left corner right at the edge where glass meets the frame.

I am NOT HAPPY... I had Verizon put the Zagg glass screen protector ($35) and the Casemate Wallet Portofolio case ($65) on it to protect it.

Now out $149 and getting a refurbished unit through Asurion.... Not happy. Just got it January 6th.

Did you drop the phone?

dwmitchell61

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
Did you drop the phone?

Yes. It fell out of my lower coat pocket, once. According to the MIL-STD-810G Method 516.6, Procedure IV "Transit Drop" test they claim it was tested under, it could have been dropped 26 times on two layers of plywood over concrete.

With the Zagg tempered glass screen protector and the Casemate Wallet/Portofolio case on it, I was shocked it shattered so easily.

They should hire Nokia's engineers to show them how to make a real shock proof screen.

dwmitchell61

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
Did you drop the phone?

It fell from my lower coat pocket. I would think it would have survived with the extra protection on it. according to the MIL-STD-810G Method 516.6, Procedure IV "Transit Drop" they claim it was tested under, it should survive 26 drops from that height onto two layers of plywood overlaying concrete.

One drop with the screen protector and the leather case covering the screen and it shattered.

It is odd that it fractured just 0.75" above the lower left corner, right where the majority of those with broken screens say theirs broke. Extremely odd...

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
It fell from my lower coat pocket. I would think it would have survived with the extra protection on it. according to the MIL-STD-810G Method 516.6, Procedure IV "Transit Drop" they claim it was tested under, it should survive 26 drops from that height onto two layers of plywood overlaying concrete.

One drop with the screen protector and the leather case covering the screen and it shattered.

It is odd that it fractured just 0.75" above the lower left corner, right where the majority of those with broken screens say theirs broke. Extremely odd...

It's unfortunate but with glass there are no guarantees. Some people are fortunate and drop their phone a dozen times and it never cracks and some people drop their phone once and it's toast.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Mines holding up fine so far. Tempered glass screen protector and a heavy duty Pdair leather belt case. Looks brand new.

Posted from my. AT&T LG V10

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
With the Zagg tempered glass screen protector and the Casemate Wallet/Portofolio case on it, I was shocked it shattered so easily.

I've seen a few people mention that they had screen cracks from minor drops. LG actually wanted one owners phone to do a autopsy and gave him a new phone for the damaged one. I've also seen many more reports of survived drops. So I guess it's just luck of the draw. Not sure how much protection a Casemate wallet is going to provide any phone, even if it stays closed.

Had my V10 since Nov. 11th. Had the Verizon glass put on it before I left the store and had a Ringke Fusion case on it until Seidio came out with a V10 Surface case and holster. Phone is holding up well, have never dropped it, but if I did with the case and holster on it, it should provide 100% coverage and shock protection. Went with a Square Trade warranty, so if I do damage it I get it repaired instead of a swap for a refurb.

David Briscoe

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
Got mine few days after release date, no case since I have a extra batt from promo easier to change batt, just tempered glass, its holding up well considering I have a 4yrs old & 1yr old who loves to play & drop my phone. Camer lens i think its scratch proof I check it every now and then considering my phone gets a lot of abouse from my kids, I get scratch on the side but that's it.

I've had mine since release date. Went from Samsung to LG was likeing the swich for a while. I dropped it once and the back started peeling. Wish I could get it warranted out but probably won't do that. Screen is great and very sturdy. Don't use case on it because I have the extra battery too! Great deal.

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Had it since December holding up great no problems as of yet. I use several cases just to change up the look of the phone and protect it for resale one day. Right now there are no phones out there that spark my interest.

Posted via the Android Central App

Michael MCATEE

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
Update on mine.

After one of the security updates and the Marshmallow update I could no longer access the stock recovery nor could I stream music and video with any sound without having to do a battery pull and unpaired each and every time I wanted to stream. It would play fine with whatever I had on the SD card but no streaming.

I went through 2 replacements with the same issues with them and LG couldn't guarantee that they could fix this problem and be without a phone for 2 weeks to send it into them. AT&T 3rd tier couldn't figure it out..but pushed to get me out of the phone..

Otherwise the phone was great .

AT&T took care of it in the end after several hours on the phone at the store and I got a brand new S7e to replace it.

It's a shame because I really liked the phone.

Maybe the v11 will be better....

Posted from my AT&T S7 Edge

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Mine's holding out fine, though my camera lens has been replaced two times due to being stupid and messing up the original lens. Currently placed in a UAG case Magma.

Posted via an LG V10

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87