What app do you use for SMS and MMS?

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm still fairly new to Android, have been using it since November with the purchase of my V10. I don't like the Native messenger app at all, not sure if it's me or the app itself but it's too slow. I'll be responding to a message then the keyboard I use will slow down and my key inputs are lagging as it loads in a message from the recipient(s). Also the app will randomly crash. I was using Google Messenger most of the time until I became aware that I was not receiving messages at all from some of my friends, both group and SMS. Besides that I loved it. Was quick and never had any other issue.

What I'm hoping to see if it's something I can do on my end to either make sure I'm receiving every message on Google messenger or if there is another app I can use. If not, I guess if there is a way to actually make me enjoy the default native app. Thank you for any guidance, also I'm using SwiftKey as my keyboard app if that has anything to do with this issue.

Posted via the Android Central App

Knightstalker

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I started off using hangouts... then went to google messenger... it was too plain, but worked... I recently started using textra... I like being able to change the emojis to look like iOS... since wifey has an iphone it really helps (they have some emojis that android doesn't have yet)

NeatoBandido

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Another Textra user here, it does however have issues sending pics to random iphone users though. For those people Im stuck with using the stock messaging app temporarily.

Son Nguyen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm perfectly happy with stock also. I don't have any lag issues and am using SwiftKey. I like the scheduling a text feature and also like that I can specify that texts appear in a pop-up text box also besides just the notification shade.

fwaits

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Another Textra user here, it does however have issues sending pics to random iphone users though. For those people Im stuck with using the stock messaging app temporarily.

There's an iMessage issue that is likely the cause of this. It's not an issue of the Texting app. Pretty well documented out there if you search around for it.

Son Nguyen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
It looks like they removed the scheduling feature from their stock app with the marshmallow update.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
GO SMS Pro. I've used it for years and have never had a problem. You can keep it simple or make it as elaborate as you want; highly customizable. And it's FREE!

Son Nguyen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Mattdamiz85, I don't see it. After composing a message, I tap the 3 dots and before was given the option to schedule the text. That option is no longer there. I'm trying out Chomp right now.

mattdamiz85

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Mattdamiz85, I don't see it. After composing a message, I tap the 3 dots and before was given the option to schedule the text. That option is no longer there. I'm trying out Chomp right now.

I entered a recipient. Then I clicked the 3 dots for the menu. Top right.

Attachments

• 11592.jpg
    11592.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 83

Son Nguyen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
So it looks like if I compose a new message by tapping the +, I have the option of scheduling to send. If I just go into an existing thread it does not have that option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zalauf