LG V10 Bootloop

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. I'm looking into a like new unit will the warranty still be there?

If you are buying it third party and not through carrier, then you would have to go through LG for issues. If you are getting it through a carrier, then that will be dependent on the carrier on "like new" devices.

rivers2

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
This might be what is happening to me, as well. A stock November 2015 V10.

LG Splash screen stays on 20-25 seconds. Flickers. Repeat.

I have (once) gotten to the TMobile screen after the LG Splash, but no further.

Phone has always gotten hot. Around camera/power/volume buttons. Screen would also get uncomfortably hot.

rivers2

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site

Phone has always gotten hot. Around camera/power/volume buttons. Screen would also get uncomfortably hot.

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site

These were the exact same symptoms I was having. But just around the camera/power/volume buttons. Not the screen. The one I have now that is the exchange runs much cooler. But I have only had it a couple of weeks.

I kind of remember the original one seemed to run a bit hot out of the box from day one.

rivers2

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
Interesting that if you plug USB in without a battery, clicking the power button will show a battery and question mark icon. Screen powers up. Install the battery and no response to the power button.

Before, when the phone was powered off and charging, clicking the power button would show the progress of the charge. (I believe - can't recall because I'm in frurstrated mode!)

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Interesting that if you plug USB in without a battery, clicking the power button will show a battery and question mark icon. Screen powers up. Install the battery and no response to the power button.

Before, when the phone was powered off and charging, clicking the power button would show the progress of the charge. (I believe - can't recall because I'm in frurstrated mode!)

In my troubleshooting experience, once it went into a boot loop the only way to clear the error state was to remove the battery and then reinsert it. Plug the USB in but not turn it on. Then the battery icon/status should come up.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
These were the exact same symptoms I was having. But just around the camera/power/volume buttons. Not the screen. The one I have now that is the exchange runs much cooler. But I have only had it a couple of weeks.

I kind of remember the original one seemed to run a bit hot out of the box from day one.
This kind of scares me. Mine does the same thing you describe. Very hot around the power button/camera. It started doing that right out of the box brand new. It's especially bad when running some apps and charging. I haven't had the bootloop issue yet though. Haven't had any high temp warnings either. Did you get any kind of warnings before it happened?

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
This kind of scares me. Mine does the same thing you describe. Very hot around the power button/camera. It started doing that right out of the box brand new. It's especially bad when running some apps and charging. I haven't had the bootloop issue yet though. Haven't had any high temp warnings either. Did you get any kind of warnings before it happened?

No warnings at all. All was fine when I put it on the charger the night before. My normal alarm (I use my phone as my alarm clock) didnt go off and I was running late. Then noticed that my phone would not respond to the screen or power button. Pulled the battery and put it back in and that's when the bootloop thing started.

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site

What's ur phone's serial number?mine is 510.

rivers2

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
In my troubleshooting experience, once it went into a boot loop the only way to clear the error state was to remove the battery and then reinsert it. Plug the USB in but not turn it on. Then the battery icon/status should come up.

I'm no longer successful at getting ANY response from the phone. I don't believe it is even charging the battery. Cannot get to recovery or safe modes.

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I *just* bought a G5 from best buy like 48 hours ago and it's now in constant bootloop. Really disappointed and not sure if I want to exchange for another one.