LG V10 Bootloop

lowprofil1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Happened to me. In order to backup and get anything i wanted or needed off the phone file wise, you can put phone in freezer for about 10 mins. This will allow you to boot up normal, plug into computer and backup all your data. AT&T tried telling me they released an update for that problem but its not software its hardware.

biotron2000

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm STILL waiting to get mine back from LG's repair center. They said it shipped today and should arrive next Wednesday (!) and a signature is required. Going to try and have them reroute it to my office instead. It died on June 2, so it will have been close to a month by then! I'm using my old Nexus 6 and it's killing me! I can't believe how slow it is.

That said, I still love my V10 and its amazing camera. I can't wait to get it back.

waydavis

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
T-Mobile sent me another phone. Luckily I had a spare phone. Because I left the defected phone at the store. She just popped the SIM card into my HTC ONE.

Robert Schiedel

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Did you still have insurance on your phone? I'm with t-Mobile and I canceled the insurance. Now I have this bootloop problem (just happened tonight), and I am afraid they will tell me there is nothing they can do and then I'm stuck without a phone.

Knightstalker

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Just happened to me today... Spent hours trying to get it back, but no luck... Getting a warranty exchange from tmobile to hold me over till the note 7 is available... Loved the phone but today it frustrated the living shiittt out of me... 😡

glengard

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
How were you able to backup to your pc? I have mine in the freezer, but I still can't get it to boot up. The cold is helping I guess. Before, when I tried to turn it on, I just got the LG logo forever. Now, I briefly get a battery showing I have 69%, then the LG logo, then the AT&T logo.
Then it gave me a little white box that said optimizing apps. Now it has a black screen with a white box that says "Updating Android. Starting apps". It has been on that for quite a while.

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I had to leave mine in the freezer for the whole process. But mine took a bit of time too once it got to that screen. Can't recall how long.

Tony C1

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Same issue here.

Happened yesterday around 2pm. Plugged my V10 into my computer (just upgraded to windows 10 if thats a relevant detail) and waited while windows detected and installed the USB drivers. About 5 seconds in and my V10 goes dark. Thought thats weird and try the power button, but get nothing. Pull the battery, reinsert, and try to power up only to get the damn LG screen boot loop.

I did some testing with having the phone plugged into the wall outlet, plugged into the computer, and not plugged in to anything to see if it made a difference. Oddly enough, when connected to my computer the phone would fully boot (slower than usual), but after about 15 seconds of have it fully loaded the phone would just turn off again (and would need a battery pull to try and turn it back on)

I tried leaving the battery out for hours, tried leaving it plugged into the wall for hours, and I tried to get into recovery mode, but it wont load.

Have not had it for a year yet so its still covered by LG. Did all the paperwork online so I printed a return label today and will be sending it in for repairs.

Frustrating..... now I'm back to my note 3 which still works flawlessly.

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Seeing all these bootloop issues makes me wonder when everyone's V10 was manufactured. Mine was built in January of this year and despite image retention, works flawlessly, even Qi wireless charging works reliably though not having a 3-coil charger sucks since placement has to be at a certain position.

Posted via an LG V10

Knightstalker

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
How were you able to backup to your pc? I have mine in the freezer, but I still can't get it to boot up. The cold is helping I guess. Before, when I tried to turn it on, I just got the LG logo forever. Now, I briefly get a battery showing I have 69%, then the LG logo, then the AT&T logo.
Then it gave me a little white box that said optimizing apps. Now it has a black screen with a white box that says "Updating Android. Starting apps". It has been on that for quite a while.
Spent 7 hours and nothing... Tried the freezer too lol... Got it to reset once but it started to loop again then nothing... Even when I plug in being off, the battery symbol freezes... It's bricked... And tmobile is pissing me off, been waiting on the replacement since Saturday

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
How do you find the manufacture date?

Via the manufacture date on the back of the phone, the retail box it came in on, or by using any website that lets you search for IMEI listings to ensure your phone isn't blacklisted since it also tells you where the device was assembled as well as the date it was made.

mbloflin

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Great, this just happened to me today. I've got my phone in the freeze right now. Going on vacation in the morning so this couldn't have happened at a worse time. If I can't get to boot, should I call in for an exchange with T-mobile or go to a store? I have full insurance but it hasn't been more than a year that I bought it at the T-mobile store down the road.

I just did a LG Backup, to the SD card I believe, a couple of weeks ago thinking I was about to do a full reset because of crappy battery life and performance issues since 6.0. I should be able to pop the SD card in a replacement phone and restore that okay, right?

You know, I think this same darn thing happened to me with my G3 a few years ago. That Note 7 is sounding better all the time or maybe Nexus 'Marlin' in a month or so (not a big fan of TouchWiz feature over-bloat)...

Thanks!

mbloflin

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Update - I just checked on it in the freezer. It booted up! Just to be clear, the phone was not hot. It had not booted for hours. I had been pulling the battery getting the LG boot screen and that was it. I was letting it sit for long periods and trying again and I couldn't get past that. Couldn't get Safe-Mode, Recovery Mode, etc. I was able to get to one screen twice - the IMEI screen but it would not scroll off of it, by holding Vol Up/Dwn/Power.

In the freezer I have it doing possibly it's last backup to SD card. If back at room temp it won't boot I guess I'll bring back to T-Mobile. Hope the cold doesn't trigger a wet event on the inside sticker. It got all condensated and wet when I took it out of the freezer for even a half a minute.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress