How dos this battery life look?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It looks like you can use some load on the battery - that's not "using" the battery, it's "tickling" it. (Get a better mobile signal - for which you might have to change carriers - and the phone idle might go way down.) You're complaining that you only get 15 eggs per dozen.

onnad

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
No complaining here. As I've mentioned I'm learning the phone and was getting an idea of how's it's doing

onnad

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Under networking I see 3 choices. I'm with Verizon so which should that be set for? Also how do I turn off cell radio?

1. Global 2. lte/cdma 3. lte/gsm/umts

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Pretty sure you NEED to set it to LTE/CDMA on Verizon. They are not a GSM carrier.

When I said to turn off cellular radio, I just meant the pull down shade cellular data toggle. Note it won't appreciably improve battery life if you are in a strong network coverage area. Its when it continually needs to ping for weak towers.

Note also that you will not receive voice mail messages with the cell data toggled off. Verizon voice mail is only sent via cellular network.

[EDIT] I just realized mine is set to Global... ???? I better look into this one.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Looks a heck of a lot better than mine does. I charge/swap batteries several times a day. I think a lot of it is my fault as I work in an area where I drift in and out of signal to the cell radio goes crazy. I'm also a heavy gamer. I did notice the phone runs so hot I can barely touch the screen during heavy use though. Not sure if that is normal. Been thinking about going to the store and asking them about it.

TheGoodNamesAreGone

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
That's a heck of a lot better than my galaxy s6 edge. It has to be charged in less than 5 hours of even moderate use. An hour of Internet browsing drops the battery 12-18%. YouTube videos is worse than that, an hour of YouTube results in a 25% dip.

You are getting excellent battery life.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty