LG V10 now to get away from the curved screens...

anon(680971)

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I've got an S7 Edge, T-mobile JUMP, and really REALLY am not finding any use to the extra money monthly to be paying for a curved screen that makes me worry about the durability of my phone. Note 7 is coming but if it is the same build as the S7 price is going to make the Note even more expensive and looks like the base model is going to be expensive. I am interested in the V10 because it looks nicer than the G5, more durable, and the 64GB version is what T-Mobile advertises. I see Marshmallow is updated in some of the other posts, I know it is a January model vs the G5 which has an 820 and that.

Anyone have any notes or issues that should stop me? I really just can't take this curved edges anymore, I really tried to like it and the free year of netflix helped for a bit.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
May be worth waiting for the V20 announcement if you can wait until September. I'm not aware of anything that's wrong with the V10, it seems to be at or above average almost across the board.

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Any potential breaking issues is the V10 having the same image retention issue the g4's had due to both phones using the same screen tech. It's not that it's permanent since retention is rarely permanent but it looks pretty bad when it happens.

anon(680971)

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Thats what I keep hearing and I have the T-Mobile JUMP so if/when the V20 comes out I feel I need to change, I can. I really find myself not needing the latest and greatest but a durable high memory phone. Plus I hear the Hi-Fi on the V10 is worth any loss in chipset and what not.

muckrakerX

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Any potential breaking issues is the V10 having the same image retention issue the g4's had due to both phones using the same screen tech. It's not that it's permanent since retention is rarely permanent but it looks pretty bad when it happens.

I have zero image retention on my 14 mo. old G4. It may bootloader tomorrow, but no image retention.

Posted via the Android Central App

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have zero image retention on my 14 mo. old G4. It may bootloader tomorrow, but no image retention.

Has your G4 ever overheated or gotten warm too many times? Most cases of retention with the G4 and V10 I've seen here are a result of heat.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Image retention can happen but imho its not frequent enough, across the brand for it to be a deal breaker. I had it once, but it went away after 30 minutes. I just make sure not to crank the screen in portrait mode on youtube. Happy with my V10, if lost or stolen I would get another. I have 3 batteries and am good to go.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall