Battery life question

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
So I hear the first v10 had lots of issues with battery life. But it's rumoured that v20 might have 4000mh battery. But I do hear people who are still running scared of the lgv20 phone because of the batter reputation of first one. Isnt 4000mh battery enough?

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
If the battery life is seriously good nobody in their right mind wouldn't be all over this phone. Unless you just prefer something else. A monster camera and audio experience with all day battery life? You're gonna say no to that? I mean unless you just want a prettier phone which the Galaxy and Note series or maybe even the iPhones arguably are, I don't see why you don't get the V20. But that's assuming it lives up to expectations and indeed comes with a 4000mAh battery and not something else.

Leykis

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
A 4000mAh battery would be a significant step up from the 3000mAh battery the V10 had. I would think it would solve most of the battery issues that plagued the V10. If the V20 can get me through a full day on a single charge and it has a removable battery I'll be pretty dang happy!

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, I have no idea what is up with the battery issues. Mine is great and I always carry a spare and a portable charger just in case.

As it stands, were I to eventually get stuck with a V20, I doubt that I would notice the improvements with my usage.

Leykis

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Honestly, I have no idea what is up with the battery issues. Mine is great and I always carry a spare and a portable charger just in case.

As it stands, were I to eventually get stuck with a V20, I doubt that I would notice the improvements with my usage.

I guess it would depend on usage. For someone that is a light to moderate user then I'm sure the V10 could get you through a full day easy. But I use my phone quite a bit during the day....for work, for play, etc.. I could not get a full day on the V10 w/o having to swap out the battery. Now, I know this is just a minor inconvenience of having to power down the phone and swap out the battery but still I would expect a single charge to get me through the day.

markyboy81

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
My v10 can last the whole day no problem - if it's only kept on standby! As soon as I start using it and the screen powers on it drinks juice like nobody's business!
As much as I'd like to think the v20 will come with a 4000mah battery, I'm struggling to understand how this would actually fit in, without making the phone quite a bit thicker. Or maybe I'm being thick.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
My v10 can last the whole day no problem - if it's only kept on standby! As soon as I start using it and the screen powers on it drinks juice like nobody's business!
As much as I'd like to think the v20 will come with a 4000mah battery, I'm struggling to understand how this would actually fit in, without making the phone quite a bit thicker. Or maybe I'm being thick.
I'm not sure either but check the reviews for the LG X Power. It's a budget phone that will most likely go unnoticed by the vast majority of people but the phone is a battery champ. Also that may be due to the modest specs and a lower resolution screen but for people that just want a decent phone that lasts and lasts, it seems LG has them covered. With a high resolution QHD screen I doubt the V20 would be able to match the X Power but if I could get at least 7 hours of actual screen time without having to employ all kinds of tips and tricks and battery saving modes I would be happy. The Xperia Z3 was my first Android phone and the battery life was amazing on it. If the Z3 had the camera quality and manual controls the V10 has I would still have that phone. But the camera controls on LG phones was too much to pass up especially when I discovered that the V10 had all these built in manual controls for video. I was sold. If the V20 can deliver on battery life while even improving the camera it's a no brainer for me and instant buy as my Jump plan perfectly coordinates with next month's launch. Also keep in mind the LG X Power is smaller than the V10 in every dimension yet has a 1100mAh bigger battery...

Last edited:

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm struggling to understand how this would actually fit in, without making the phone quite a bit thicker. Or maybe I'm being thick.

I for one would appreciate a thicker phone!

I've also noticed that the most common complaint across most every phone is poor battery life. I'm starting to wonder how much is enough for those people. They want a power hungry device that's razor thin, yet still expect massive batteries and battery life. I'm starting to think their desires are just physically impossible. Makes about as much sense as the posts I saw from people complaining the N7 didn't have Nougat despite Nougat not even being released yet. Lol

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
So I hear the first v10 had lots of issues with battery life. But it's rumoured that v20 might have 4000mh battery. But I do hear people who are still running scared of the lgv20 phone because of the batter reputation of first one. Isnt 4000mh battery enough?
Not everyone had battery life issues with the V10. I got 5+ hours SOT pretty regularly while I had the phone and it would easily last me all day.

If the V20 gets bumped up to 4000mAh it will be a beast of a device.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I guess it would depend on usage. For someone that is a light to moderate user then I'm sure the V10 could get you through a full day easy. But I use my phone quite a bit during the day....for work, for play, etc.. I could not get a full day on the V10 w/o having to swap out the battery. Now, I know this is just a minor inconvenience of having to power down the phone and swap out the battery but still I would expect a single charge to get me through the day.

Nope. I'm a bit more moderate user. I guess it might not phase me because I don't expect it to last that long.

When I go to work tonight, I will be able to connect my Bluetooth headset and watch YouTube videos for around half of my shift, so about 4 hours straight, before I have to charge it up again. To me, that is pretty good.

LG devices are the only ones that I have ever left my auto brightness on. Samsung, Motorola, and LG have never been that reliable before.