Are you going to get the LG V20?

Are you going to get the LG V20?

• Total voters

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Now that all the specs and everything are official (minus a few important bits like pricing and clear availability dates), does the LG V20 interest you enough to part you with your hard-earned dollar bills?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Are you buying the LG V20?

I'm withholding final judgment possibly until I get my hands on one, but definitely on my short list... Currently occupied by only one phone if I were to upgrade.

sniperservice

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Are you buying the LG V20?

I believe so. Definitely disappointed in the Battery capacity and it will be hard to part with the s7e Amoled screen, but I loved the V10...Just hated the battery life. I am hoping the 820 plus the measly 200 mah increase in capacity will give it pretty decent battery life. I am one of the few that actually likes the LG UX, so I am ready to purchase

Devil13n

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Looks great but if availability falls after the new Nexus/Pixel/Whatever is announced, it will give me something to think about.

Really think LG should have had this out before the Note 7 to get a jump on the competition, to draw more eyes in a less crowded space. Now it looks like they are in direct competition with Google/Samsung/Apple.We all know how that will end.

Not that it should matter if the phone is, in fact, as good as it appears, but LG would be better served to have a small window to themselves.

Leykis

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
I want to see more how this phone performs with the 3200mAh battery but as it stands right now I will probably be trading in my S7 Edge for it.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
It looks nice to me, and I like phones with big screens and great audio.

I'm not sure if I'll get one, but I like it better than many of the other new devices.

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I will probably get it as the removable battery and ir blaster are things I'm really missing on the s7e. 64gb base storage well be nice to have again as well. I would have to be really, really put off by the screen in person to not pull the trigger but I'm hoping I can get over it.

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Still think S7E would be better, why the selfie is yet again at 5MP? on G4 it was 8MP and the selfie was miles ahead of poor S7 selfie.

Camers the S7 proved to be better though not 100% of the time, but the battery!!! why it's so low??? 3200 for LCD on QHD is wayy to low, specially if u gaming.

Unless they put some miracle it's not gonna win any heart, it's removable yes but that not excuse for low battery mah.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
It's at the top of my list for sure. Wish the camera was improved more over the G5, specifically the f/1.8. Was hoping for a bit bigger for low light shots.

Other than that I'm game!

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It's at the top of my list for sure. Wish the camera was improved more over the G5, specifically the f/1.8. Was hoping for a bit bigger for low light shots.

Other than that I'm game!
The widest commonly available lenses for DSLR's is only f/1.4, so you can't really expect much more on a phone. In fact, there's not even really much difference in light gathering between that and f/1.8 lenses with an additional trade-off of more vignetting in the corners. Sure, there's this option...

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/co...ap=y&m=Y&c3api=1876,92051678642,&A=details&Q=

But at that price, can you even imagine how expensive that would translate to a phone to get much wider apertures than they have now? Lol

The biggest (or smallest, depending on your point of view) sticking point with phone cameras and low light shots now is simply the sensor size, which severely limits their light sensitivity. I'd much rather have a 2-3X larger sensor than dual cameras, for better overall image quality. For as much flak as the HTC M8 got over the resolution of their 4mp camera with the ultra pixel design (essentially 4X larger than standard pixels on a phone sensor), it was tough to beat in low light and color accuracy at the time.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I'll need to see and play with it at my carrier once they have the V20s.

I'm very intrigued by it but want to be sure it feels premium and the screen os what I hope it to be.

Coming from a S6 Edge+ and Note 7 I'm hoping it meets my expectations so I can grab it

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm defiantly gonna check it out when it's available to play with. My Nexus 6 might die sometime, until then I have no need for a new device.........:D

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I've been looking for something to replace my Note 4. The Note 5 doesn't push all my buttons. The Note 7 came close. The V20 pushes my replaceable battery button, and many others, but I have to see one. I also have to figure out how to live without S-Pen if I move away from the Note line, but a swappable battery is far more important to me than S-Pen.

My last experience with LG (Optimus G Pro) was... unimpressive. Slow, laggy, and LTE stopped working after 3 months. That's the major reason for my hesitation.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
For the first time in almost forever Apple has done enough with the iPhone 7 Plus to make that my second option if LG plays the waiting game too long. The whole sign up page for information thing was a big letdown. The V20 is still number one for me though. I would keep my V10 but it has already proved to be susceptible to the haunting boot loop issue and the higher powered V20 with even better(on paper) audio recording options for video, a stand alone hifi audio recording app built in, SD820, focus peaking, plus the 8mp wide angle lens. Yeah count me in but don't leave me hanging.