WiFi issues

BigRalphN

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else having wifi issues? I periodically get notices that wifi has connected which tells me I am also disconnecting fir some reason. When this happens the speed is greatly reduced on the phone. If I reconnect to wifi manually full speed returns. Then awhile later the process repeats. I know it's the phone since my tablet and laptop stay connected with no loss of speed or any issues. I read that other lg phones had this issue and clearing the cache in recovery often fixed it. I can't figure out how to get into recovery. Everything I have true failed though I did get into safe mode. Another solution on line was to disable the smart networking switch. I have no idea what V20 they were using as this option does not exist anywhere in settings like they said it does. Of course the same site says use the home button with the phone off to get into recovery. That would be a nice magic trick.

BigRalphN

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I did find out how to get into recovery and clear the cache. This fixed it but only briefly. A bit later I again see the notification that I just connected to wifi and my speeds are then much slower. Again, it is definitely a phone issue. I checked my wife's phone, the tablet, and the pc and they are all connected and getting full speed. The only way to fix V20 is to reconnect to wifi which works for a bit until the cycle starts again.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
How is the GPS, and Bluetooth?
If one or both is also shabby it could be the WIFi Bluetooth module or antenna connection.

Last edited:

Glass_Rain

May 22, 2016
Visit site
The "smart" wifi switch has a lot to do with that also. It used to be default on before some backlash started. Tablets and phones have the signal set at auto still, but I've got mine on manual... usually on 5GHz.

Glass_Rain

May 22, 2016
Visit site
Under the Wifi list there is a menu to refresh, name, etc.. select the advanced tab.
In there is the wifi selection... most likely set to auto.
Change it to the preferred option.

BigRalphN

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Annual. Lol. Manual. I do not see that anywhere on mine. That is basically what the website said. I am guessing the Avoid Bad Wifi feature is the same thing. It is off though. I suppose I could try turning it on,

BigRalphN

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Under the Wifi list there is a menu to refresh, name, etc.. select the advanced tab.
In there is the wifi selection... most likely set to auto.
Change it to the preferred option.
eba3d52cc75fcb9bce440e2a2e5b9e4e.jpg

Glass_Rain

May 22, 2016
Visit site
Don't turn that one on... It turns on your data when you are out of range and don't realize it. (I believe it's built to syphon money out of your phone)

BigRalphN

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Don't turn that one on... It turns on your data when you are out of range and don't realize it. (I believe it's built to syphon money out of your phone)
Ok. Sounds good. I actually just watched this happen. The Tapatalk notification came through. As I went to swipe it away suddenly I got s notification that I connected to my 5g wifi. I checked the speed and I am suddenly at 1/4 speed. I turned wifi off and on and bam. Full speed.

BigRalphN

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Not in developer either. I may call Verizon tomorrow. At least get a report in. I have a high speed business connection. So even at 1/4 I am still getting 30 mbps. Its just annoying that I get 150 and then it drops to that. My tablet maintains the high speed just fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tigersusyt