Anyone installed a skin wrap to the phone yet? Dbrands?

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Ordered one in blue , be sure to watch there instructional video it's a bit of a detailed procedure for install.
You can also get a face wrap if you want the hole phone covered , I just ordered back

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Ordered one in blue , be sure to watch there instructional video it's a bit of a detailed procedure for install.
You can also get a face wrap if you want the hole phone covered , I just ordered back

Great, please post photos of the completed project. I'm that blue will look great!

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site

Attachments

• 34105.jpg
    34105.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 163

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Here is the second unused camera lens skin. Notice the camera lens holes are the same. They shouldn't be.

Attachments

• 8877.jpg
    8877.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 154

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Wow, that looks really good. That really is bad how they messed up the camera cut out. Hopefully they can get that changed. Glad I know not to order that piece yet.

I ironically, I think i'm ordering the opposite pieces. Thinking of doing the top and bottom in red, leaving the rest silver.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Here is mine. I didn't like the top and bottom back(the look not quality)pieces so I took them off.
One issue that I need to contact Dbrand about is the camera. It fits but interferes with the wide angle lens. The whole needs to be bigger. I had to take that off..
What material and how slick is it?

juergen99

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I had the dbrand carbon fiber back for my Note7. I couldn't believe how great it looked. I got lucky and it went on perfectly aligned. Unfortunately I only had it for 2 weeks until I turned in the phone. My only concern is how it will last over time, specifically at the corners and edges. I just saw a V20 review that had a leather skin (I think it was dbrand) and it was already peeling at the corners. I'll try and find that one and post a link.

juergen99

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I had the dbrand carbon fiber back for my Note7. I couldn't believe how great it looked. I got lucky and it went on perfectly aligned. Unfortunately I only had it for 2 weeks until I turned in the phone. My only concern is how it will last over time, specifically at the corners and edges. I just saw a V20 review that had a leather skin (I think it was dbrand) and it was already peeling at the corners. I'll try and find that one and post a link.

Her's a link (jump to 2:15, 2:27 & 3:08):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP1UgZUl8rs

You can see what I'm talking about at the top right corner. It looks like it is starting to peel.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Here is mine. I didn't like the top and bottom back(the look not quality)pieces so I took them off.
One issue that I need to contact Dbrand about is the camera. It fits but interferes with the wide angle lens. The whole needs to be bigger. I had to take that off..
I have the same one coming in today or tomorrow... Looks good!
I had bought one from dBrand and one from slickwraps for my 1st and 2nd Note7 which both are wasted now BUT....

I contacted dbrand and told them my situation and they sent me a wrap for the v20 for free all I had to do was pay the $3.95 shipping

Purple Spy

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
Never liked the look of dbrand skins.

My recommendations is to pester gelaskins to support the v20. They used to be my go to for all my devices (my 3ds i wrapped something like 4 years ago is still holding up amazingly, no peeling). Tough, better grip than pure metal/plastic/glass but doesnt feel rough, and long lasting. They relaunched their service a couple months ago and are still expanding their list, but i can say as a previous customer the quality is superb.

The best part of it is you can upload your own images, and create a custom skin. Image quality/resolution is outstanding as well.

So yeah, IF they support the v20, thats my recommendation.

ThiSidUp

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
f0200583f4df93b75a9bb4b8fdb6449a.jpg

Same dbrand pattern I had on my Note 7. I like the look and it takes care of the slippery feel of the V20 case.
Covered the lens glass too. Gotta protect the fragility there.
I saw that the lense holes where the same size, but they're both big enough for the wide angle lense, so you can't put it on the wrong way.

I like it.

perrochingon

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
I ordered a dbrand skin as well and I also had the wide angle camera cutout issue. The cutout is definitely not big enough. I sent them an email on Saturday and haven't heard back from them.

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I got a black matte one, hoping it would add grip to the phone and I could use it without a case. It wasn't grippy enough, still kind of slippery. I didn't like it and tore it off. Not even going to request a refund.

ThiSidUp

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
I got a black matte one, hoping it would add grip to the phone and I could use it without a case. It wasn't grippy enough, still kind of slippery. I didn't like it and tore it off. Not even going to request a refund.

To each his own. It certainly changed the grip for me. Did you use the hair drier to install it?