V20 comfortable to hold and use?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The V20 is my first 5.7 inch phone since the Note 3. I loved the Note 3 but at one point texting with one hand became annoying. So far, typing text on the V20 has been OK for me. How do you guys text? With 2 hands? Do you use your left or right hand?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't do it with one hand unless I 'shrunk' the screen for that (same on the Note 7 and S7 Edge). What was REALLY uncomfortable for me on the V20 and that eventually did make my fingers hurt was the back-button for home and fingerprint. I know that for most this is where your finger naturally rests (or so the legend goes), but for me it couldn't have been far from it. The way I hold my phone, my finger would always be either too low or too high, and had to bend it uncomfortably to reach the button.

Other than that, it was quite OK for handling but it did feel bigger than the Note.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I use 2 hands. Even back in the old OG Moto Droid days I needed 2 hands to type, well two thumbs anyway :)

talon1189

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
I type with 1 finger only. I don't care how big the phone is in 1 hand. My phone is naked. I need the 5.7" screen because I am old and can't see as good as I could 20 years ago....Lol! :-\

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I only ever use two hands when typing (much faster). The phone is usable in one hand if you know how to hold it and don't have tiny hands. The V10 definitely feels better, though. V20 is too slippery.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
As slippery as this phone is plus my small hands there is no way I'll even try using just one hand

I've always used to hands so no biggie for me and if anything I actually wouldn't mind having something even a little larger at 5.9 or a little over 6??

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I usually use two hands and love to shrink the screen for those few times when using one hand.

I love the way the V20 feels in hand. Light, but not too light. Big, but not ginormous.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I have always used two hands when typing. I never learned how to do it one-handed.

Lateck,
It's just not as quick. There's a reason why we don't type on a keyboard with only hand...

For everything else, using two hands really isn't necessary, though. Why do you need two hands to scroll and read? Some apps are, sadly, still poorly designed for large screens, but, I think, those instances where you're forced to stretch your thing to the top are spread out enough that you can just as easily readjust one hand to reach to the top, then switch back to usual, comfortable one handed hold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez