I added wireless charging to my V20

rseifer

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Both your card & charger seem to work correctly.

I had one wireless card which kept displaying a message that the phone is on slow wireless charging each time I place the phone on the charging pad. I replaced it with a Nillkin USB C card. The problem is gone.

Try to soft reset the phone to see if the problem disappears. If no, the problem comes from the wireless card.

The main reason I like wireless charging is convenience. No need to plug & unplug and phone is always well charged.

I ordered a Nillkin receiver yesterday. I'll post the results here after I roadtest it, assuming that
it makes a difference in how the phone reacts when I place it on the charger.

Brjik--the Nillkin receiver arrived today, and I immediately slapped it on the LG V20. It's charging now on the Chotech single coil charger, and the picture of how-to-plug-in your phone, etc. has not appeared. The Nillkin receiver is working beautifully, and I thank you for your absolutely accurate, flawless recommendation. Ralph L. Seifer

Last edited:

Brjlk

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I ordered a Nillkin receiver yesterday. I'll post the results here after I roadtest it, assuming that
it makes a difference in how the phone reacts when I place it on the charger.

Brjik--the Nillkin receiver arrived today, and I immediately slapped it on the LG V20. It's charging now on the Chotech single coil charger, and the picture of how-to-plug-in your phone, etc. has not appeared. The Nillkin receiver is working beautifully, and I thank you for your absolutely accurate, flawless recommendation. Ralph L. Seifer

You are welcome. It is great that your single coil charger works well. I learned from experience. I had to throw away several no brand names receivers, one car and one desktop wireless chargers stopped working just one year after purchase. Always choose a brand that has a line of products.

Johnny Cakes1

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
crazy.. with the V10 i was able to add a wireless charging/NFC sticker inside the backplate so its like a factory wireless charging solution and no usb plug hanging out.
Are you are saying that cant be done with the V20 due to the metal backplate?

Brjlk

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
crazy.. with the V10 i was able to add a wireless charging/NFC sticker inside the backplate so its like a factory wireless charging solution and no usb plug hanging out.
Are you are saying that cant be done with the V20 due to the metal backplate?
I think yes, because the charger & wireless receiver cannot be separated by metal.
The LG G6 has built-in wireless charging, but has a glass back.