LG G6 Looks Like it has Already Failed

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I know all that. It's just a nuisance that they do it. Just saying that it would be nice if the advertised storage was what was usable to the consumer. It is what it is.

It would be way too hard to do. Updating the boxes over and over to be exactly specific for any modifications they make to the software after the initial release.. It just isn't practical. It is way easier to tell you the total size and say you will lose some space due to formatting and OS.

Infiniti14

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
From what I've read, that's only true when using dark themes. When using brighter colors or full white, the power consumption differences are negligible.

I think that's correct. I believe Amoled screens don't require energy to make blacks, so in daily use it's a pretty minimal efficiency gain (how much black is usually on our screens?), so they started pushing dark themes to really take advantage and create noticeable energy savings. That said I've had Amoled screenes with dark themes and I didn't really notice a difference in battery life.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
AMOLED displays can save power by not turning pixels on for blacks. Examples, black text, part of the screen black while watching a video, etc... on the G6 with letterboxing on YouTube, etc. that'll be a big thing. In apps without transparent navigation bars, the soft keys are on a black background, etc. All those pixels being off can add up. Dark theme doesn't help it much unless it's actually black #000000 .

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
$672 on Verizon. With the promo of free Google Home, and a 43 inch LG TV, I just pre ordered one for my wife. I'll keep everyone updated when we get it.
The TV is only for new lines so if you didn't add anything new you can't do the TV. The new line also has to be active a minimum of 6 months or they'll charge you 300 something for the TV.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't have room for more tv's and have no interest in Google Home but an ir blaster would have been nice... or led notifications light.