Smartshare.Cloud and battery use

mryan55

Mar 26, 2017
Visit site
Hello all -- I am new to AndroidCentral and the V20, but have been on CrackBerry and Windows Central for years. In my first few days with my V20 I have noticed that one of the top apps for battery use is "Smartshare.Cloud" ... I'm guessing this works somewhat in the background, since it only takes up 20-30MB of space on the phone and uses hardly any memory.

Any idea why it might be using so much battery? I am guessing that it is related to having my Google Drive and One Drive accounts synced in the LG file manager and likewise in the LG music and LG gallery app. The cloud integration in the file manager is painfully slow, since it is obviously querying the server every time and not keeping anything locally, but it at actually works OK for music that is in the cloud.

Any recommendations? Or probably just to ditch syncing cloud services with these LG apps? Appreciate any help!

mellandroid

Banned
Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I know no one answered your request but I have noticed that my Lolipop Android that smartshare.cloud re activates itself after I have disabled it. this is clearly a shady product from google.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I know no one answered your request but I have noticed that my Lolipop Android that smartshare.cloud re activates itself after I have disabled it. this is clearly a shady product from google.
Most likely OP moved on from that device this thread 3 years old .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87