LG V20 stuck in Firmware Update screen

umby75fg

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi, my phone is H990DS and is stuck in Firmware Update screen with error 910K B50.
I tried to flash winth LG UP the H990ds10c_00_OPEN_SG_DS_OP_1214.kdz firmware creating proper LG.dll file but my phone doesn't restart and it is stuck on Firmware Update screen.
How can I fix my phone?
Do you know what is my problem?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi, my phone is H990DS and is stuck in Firmware Update screen with error 910K B50.
I tried to flash winth LG UP the H990ds10c_00_OPEN_SG_DS_OP_1214.kdz firmware creating proper LG.dll file but my phone doesn't restart and it is stuck on Firmware Update screen.
How can I fix my phone?

You soft bricked it. It's still fixable. Try to go to Android recovery mode and clear the cache and do a factory reset. If that does not work, you will have to reflash the OS... you'll have to download the correct firmware for your model, go to Android boot mode, and then use ADB sideload to reinstall the firmware OS. Check or ask XDA for help, they specialize in that over there.

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
wait wait. pull the battery and then put it back close it up, put the power cord in and then boot It Up. I have the exact same problem and it's got to be plugged in because I think it's a precaution so that on a firmware update it's big trouble if the power goes out so they force you to have constant power.

You may have to call your carrier and ask them to push the firmware upgrade again cuz if it went away and it comes back it may come back when your phone's not plugged in.

umby75fg

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Ry pulling the battery for 30 seconds, reinstall it and try to fire it up.

I've already done it many times but it us stuck on that screen..

You soft bricked it. It's still fixable. Try to go to Android recovery mode and clear the cache and do a factory reset. If that does not work, you will have to reflash the OS... you'll have to download the correct firmware for your model, go to Android boot mode, and then use ADB sideload to reinstall the firmware OS. Check or ask XDA for help, they specialize in that over there.

I've already done factory reset but the phone is stuck on the same screen.
I'm not sure if the phone also has got the factory reset command.
I've not tried the ADB mode yet and I hope to fix my issue..

wait wait. pull the battery and then put it back close it up, put the power cord in and then boot It Up. I have the exact same problem and it's got to be plugged in because I think it's a precaution so that on a firmware update it's big trouble if the power goes out so they force you to have constant power.

You may have to call your carrier and ask them to push the firmware upgrade again cuz if it went away and it comes back it may come back when your phone's not plugged in.

You mean that does the phone need to get a quite charge to boot regurarly and I have to let the phone gets the charge for an enough time?
I don't remember fine but as I know I did it..
My carrier is a problem because I need to ship the phone far for repairing...

Kevin Roberts3

May 19, 2014
Visit site
My LG v20 did the same thing found the solution get your charge cable a little wet on the end which plugs into your phone plug it in your phone bam its fixed crazy I know but it works

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I've already done it many times but it us stuck on that screen..

I've already done factory reset but the phone is stuck on the same screen.
I'm not sure if the phone also has got the factory reset command.
I've not tried the ADB mode yet and I hope to fix my issue..

You mean that does the phone need to get a quite charge to boot regurarly and I have to let the phone gets the charge for an enough time?
I don't remember fine but as I know I did it..
My carrier is a problem because I need to ship the phone far for repairing...

It's totally fixable, I've done this before many times. There was a software corruption. You need to go into recovery mode power button + volume up, then press volume down. Then click recovery mode then you can go on your computer and install the software you downloaded online, using the command prompt. You will need to go on XDA forums for help and full instructions.

umby75fg

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
My LG v20 did the same thing found the solution get your charge cable a little wet on the end which plugs into your phone plug it in your phone bam its fixed crazy I know but it works

As you said I sprayed perfume phone plug and it booted with my configuration but I got a lot of errors because I tried to backup all my data but I couldn't do it.
Why if do I spray liquid on phone plug it starts?
Probably is a hardware issue...

Download LG's desktop software; it can go grab the full system image and reflash it.

I don't remember if I used that software but I remember I tried LGUP, Lg Mobile support and another one.
Maybe as LG's desktop software do you mean Lg Pc Suite?
If I remember fine I've already done it..

I don't recommend doing that.. electrocution risk and fire

But why the system starts?

Did you encounter the same issue?
I'd like to fix it.
I wrote something on Xda forum but I didn't fix it and I bought another phone.
You wrote that I need to flash firmware with commands and using the software I downliaded online. Which one? Probably you mean through Ads commands...

Last edited:

Jstsumgrl

Nov 9, 2018
Visit site
How can I fix my phone?

I have been dealing with this issue for 3 weeks. I finally tried the spray perfume into the charger...and it worked!! Idk why....but it did!

micahphones

Jun 24, 2019
Visit site
Okay so this issue frequently gets me. I just tried dipping my USB-C plug into 70% isopropyl alcohol then inserting it, pulling it out and reinserting it a few times. Lo and behold, it worked! The phone is on! I'm hoping I won't have to do this again.

Kolipoki55

Dec 2, 2021
Visit site
I have been dealing with this issue for 3 weeks. I finally tried the spray perfume into the charger...and it worked!! Idk why....but it did!

I gotta say, the alcohol fix also worked for me for the LG V20. All solutions on the web didn't work. Tried for 2 days, dozens of times. I was able to get the factory reset options menu, but it didn't perform the reset (thank God! cuz I fixed it without the need to). I could never get it into a Recovery mode though. Nothing worked. Except... the frigging alcohol on the tip on the charger cable. Didn't work on the first try. Tried 3-4 times and then... Voilá. Who would have thought dipping the end of the cable (for the phone side) in alcohol was a fix!

Eots

Aug 8, 2022
Visit site
Stopped in to confirm that cleaning the charging port was, indeed, the solution to this problem.

I pulled the battery, used a cotton swab, some alcohol, and a toothpick to clean in and around the charging port, and then replaced the battery.

The phone rebooted as normal.

Thanks all! I thought it was craziness or a hoax until it worked.

Last edited by a moderator: