Text message becomes a phone call

UCLAMouse

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone know why a text message does not come through as a text message but as a phone call? The phone never rings but it says I have a missed phone call and according to the sender, they sent me a text message which I also do not receive. This person can receive my text message and then when he responds to that as a text response, all I get is that I have a missed phone call. No text message.

This person does text other people with no problem and I receive text messages from other people with no problem.

Anyone with any idea as to why this may be happening would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Text and voice follow the same path - it's up to the phone to read the header and decide what the incoming message is. If "this person" is using an iPhone, he has to mark at least one email to you as SMS, otherwise you're getting an iMessage, which an Android phone can't handle.

Other than that, his phone, his carrier, your carrier or your phone is messing something up. And that would take the 2 carriers, working together (and good luck with that) to follow the text from the time he sends it until it turns into a phone call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress