Waze App + V30 = Burn In?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I'll probably be getting a V30s variant eventually, has anyone gotten burn in from using the Waze app? I leave my screen brightness high when driving (because of sunlight) and the Waze app has high contrast colors. Samsung phones have improved their screens to reduce burn in, but how has the LG screens been holding up? Any burn in? Nav buttons or status bar? Your input is appreciated, thanks!

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I'll probably be getting a V30s variant eventually, has anyone gotten burn in from using the Waze app? I leave my screen brightness high when driving (because of sunlight) and the Waze app has high contrast colors. Samsung phones have improved their screens to reduce burn in, but how has the LG screens been holding up? Any burn in? Nav buttons or status bar? Your input is appreciated, thanks!
I use Waze all the time and I drive alot. You don't need to leave the screen at full brightness. Just leave it on auto and when it needs to be bright it will be. Although sometimes at night it is a bit too dim on auto.

No burn in with Waze to report at this time. But it's a bit too soon to tell. I BETTER not be having burn in issues this soon.

All the Samsung phones I've owned developed burn in. The V10 and V20 had varying degrees of screen retention that goes away after some time but comes back quite easily after even 15 minutes driving. Most noticeable on grey backgrounds.

So, no burn in on V30 to report.