9.0 Pie Issues

NationalTrust

Sep 20, 2017
Visit site
First thing I noticed is most of my themes no longer work.
Also, when you long press a notification, I no longer have the option to turn it off. It shows minimize or Keep showing. Now need to go into the Apps to turn off.
On Verizon.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
First thing I noticed is most of my themes no longer work.
Many apps won't either. Things have to be updated for Pie. (And again for 10).

Also, when you long press a notification, I no longer have the option to turn it off. It shows minimize or Keep showing. Now need to go into the Apps to turn off.
On Verizon.
On Pie - it was changed.

tzr916

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Problem: EVERY time unlock the phone, or minimize an app/back to home screen(s), I get pulsing "^" then "To see all of your apps swipe up on the home screen". No obvious way to turn this "hint" OFF ?

fwaits

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Problem: EVERY time unlock the phone, or minimize an app/back to home screen(s), I get pulsing "^" then "To see all of your apps swipe up on the home screen". No obvious way to turn this "hint" OFF ?

Are you using the stock Home Screen or have you installed a launcher of any kind? Nova, Arrow, etc...

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Some of the "system UI" notifications can be configured at
Settings > general > apps > app info > 3-dot menu > show system > scroll to "system ui"
Unfortunately, "hints" cannot be turned off, but settings them to "low" might help, maybe.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Yeah not really too happy that my LG G8 dark mode theme doesn't work anymore. Also my battery life has seemed to be decreased faster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty