3.5mm jack issue

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I've had my V30 since launch and it's been a great device. But all of a sudden my 3.5mm plug will not stay into the jack. When I put it all the way in, after a few seconds, it just pops out. I was hoping that LG also sent the signal through the usbc, but my dongle didn't work. Am I out of luck?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
No, with a 3.5mm jack, they wouldn't be sending audio to the USB port.

Look inside the jack with a strong light. Something may be stuck in there. If there is something, and you can stick a needle into it and work it out, the jack will work again. But if it's a bent connector in the jack (usually the one at the bottom), that can't be fixed - the jacks are sealed. So you'd have to have the jack replaced. (And be nice with an earphone jack, not rough with it. You can't expect a part that costs 50 cents retail to be very sturdy. (¼" open frame jacks could take a little more, and they could be fixed a little, but 3.5mm jacks are just too tiny and flimsy.)

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, but I think the jack is history. Still works, but I've got to hold the plug in tight. I'll just have to start carrying one of my DAPS around. Probably my lotoo paw 5000 mkii. It's the most portable.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Actually you were right. I took a toothpick, gently went into the jack, scraped around and pulled out a wad of lint. I kept doing it until nothing came out. Then I took my headphone jack, plugged it in and it clicked in just like new. I'm happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty