Work "mode" questions

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi all,

I just got an LG V40. A work mode was automatically setup by apps I need for my job. However, I can't get certain widgets, like my outlook daily agenda, and notifications won't show on my Always On Display.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Not sure this is really device-specific. Work mode comes with restrictions - some imposed by the employer, some imposed by how Google set it up. The "sandboxed" apps (those in the work profile) don't seem to support widgets, but they DO support lock screen notifications (on my Pixel 2 XL anyway). Check in the notification settings for the work profile apps to see if maybe they're not set up right. The notifications are one place where the employer may have imposed restrictions so mine may differ from yours in that regard.

It's also possible the LG AOD isn't supported properly, for a while after introduction of the work profile Samsung watches wouldn't get work profile information because of the Samsung app needed in order to send them.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

jdub412

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply - I was having trouble logging in when I posted the question. I went through all the notification settings and can't find a clear reason it wouldn't be showing up on the AOD. They did on my V20, didn't have any issues with widgets, so it is something about work mode/profile beyond just what the admins allow (maybe how the admin restrictions interact with the work mode). It'd be great if I could see an icon/badge when I get an email, even better if I could see a snippet of the email, and I used to rely on the Outlook Agenda and To-Do widgets. Without the agenda widget, I don't know where I'm going and when! I usually have 7+ meetings each day, so it was really helpful to have an entire screen devoted to it.