Viper lte replacement

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I tried to get my phone replaced with a Galaxy Nexus because my Galaxy S II kept bricking with the latest OTA and they said they stopped replacing the devices with a different model on Jan 10th.
So are they just going too keep giving the sprint customers. The same phone they currently have. Wow I am glad I got my replacement before this happen. I just wonder If a phone is no longer in stock what are they going let the customers do?

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Idk I think he's trippin the galaxy 2 is 2yrs old so why would they send u a new device when your phones 2yrs old the viper just came out in the middle of 2012 so it would make sense that they would replace it with a different one idk just my thoughts on it.

Sent from my paranoid galaxy Nexus on 4.2.1 which really has no reason to be paranoid unless he never quit smoking.

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Idk I think he's trippin the galaxy 2 is 2yrs old so why would they send u a new device when your phones 2yrs old the viper just came out in the middle of 2012 so it would make sense that they would replace it with a different one idk just my thoughts on it.

Sent from my paranoid galaxy Nexus on 4.2.1 which really has no reason to be paranoid unless he never quit smoking.

Yea sprint doesn't owe him/her anything but a phone that is comparable to the old s2. It makes no sense to think you can turn in an old phone thats "defective" and get a new one. I might try to turn my photon q 4glte in in may and say I wan an s4 lol

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Lol that's funny yea I'm calling first thing in the morning and asking for the evo 4g lte ill let you guys know what happens lol wish me luck.

Justin Cardwell

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
How did it go? How can you just call, i have to go into the store before they do anything for me?
Lol that's funny yea I'm calling first thing in the morning and asking for the evo 4g lte ill let you guys know what happens lol wish me luck.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

Let me state a couple of things to both of you. One, I'm not tripping. I was informing you what I was told about a Sprint representative told me. Two, the S2 is not two years old, do your research. The Viper is only a couple of months newer than it. Three, the S2 has much better specs than the Galaxy Nexus, the only thing that the Nexus has over it is the LTE and LTE isn't nowhere near fully deployed yet. And as I stated earlier, Sprint said that they flag accounts that has more than three claims in a one year (365 day) period as account fraud. I just visited a Sprint Field Tech Office to confirm this. He said Sprint will replace your device with another device of the SAME model now unless the device is known to have issues such as the S II which they are replacing with the Note II and I just have to pay a $100 fee (which I don't mind paying considering this is my second S II and the field rep saw the same problem with my initial S2.).
Yea sprint doesn't owe him/her anything but a phone that is comparable to the old s2. It makes no sense to think you can turn in an old phone thats "defective" and get a new one. I might try to turn my photon q 4glte in in may and say I wan an s4 lol
I get what you're saying but I didn't say anything about getting a brand new phone that just came out. For one, the representative asked me did I want to exchange for the Galaxy Nexus, then when he tried to process it, it failed so he had to call somewhere to find out that Sprint stopped the model exchange. But as I stated above, he's going to replace my S II for the Note II for a small price. Thanks for the advice though, I'll try to remember it.

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus also has NFC the s2 does not and this would only be my second claim as I only had 1 viper before I got the Nexus and I did the research the s2 came out in 2011 the viper 2012 either way almost 2yrs old sorry if it came off wrong was just saying I've been with sprint for 15 years no red flags ever so I don't think they'll flag it this time.

mij9895

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Let me state a couple of things to both of you. One, I'm not tripping. I was informing you what I was told about a Sprint representative told me. Two, the S2 is not two years old, do your research. The Viper is only a couple of months newer than it. Three, the S2 has much better specs than the Galaxy Nexus, the only thing that the Nexus has over it is the LTE and LTE isn't nowhere near fully deployed yet. And as I stated earlier, Sprint said that they flag accounts that has more than three claims in a one year (365 day) period as account fraud. I just visited a Sprint Field Tech Office to confirm this. He said Sprint will replace your device with another device of the SAME model now unless the device is known to have issues such as the S II which they are replacing with the Note II and I just have to pay a $100 fee (which I don't mind paying considering this is my second S II and the field rep saw the same problem with my initial S2.).

I get what you're saying but I didn't say anything about getting a brand new phone that just came out. For one, the representative asked me did I want to exchange for the Galaxy Nexus, then when he tried to process it, it failed so he had to call somewhere to find out that Sprint stopped the model exchange. But as I stated above, he's going to replace my S II for the Note II for a small price. Thanks for the advice though, I'll try to remember it.

They flag accounts after 3 claims? Man, I'm already at 3 claims, but all 3 devices were proven to have wrong what I claimed was wrong, and now my 4th device has issues too. I hope I don't have any problems.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
They flag accounts after 3 claims? Man, I'm already at 3 claims, but all 3 devices were proven to have wrong what I claimed was wrong, and now my 4th device has issues too. I hope I don't have any problems.

I'm guessing the overheating issue is universal because my Note 2 has been doing it too as well as my Nexus 10.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm guessing the overheating issue is universal because my Note 2 has been doing it too as well as my Nexus 10.

n0ve

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Just popping back in here...i honestly didnt read everyones posts...but i see alot of confliction...
between my wifes viper and my viper, we had ours replaced, overnighted, (no insurance), a total of 6 times. (mine 4x, hers 2x), Now i have a free airave , and two Gnex's.
Tip: Google Sprint Account Executive direct #'s, I randomly found one that worked, and w/in 5 minutes he took care of everything i needed.
Note:, all 6 replacement vipers, I did not pay a penny, and i have never had insurance on my lines.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87